Gorgeous George 2008 - 22.11.2016

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Gorgeous George 2008 - 22.11.2016

Post by JoanG »

I can't believe a whole year has gone by without my gorgeous boy, he was so special our dog of a lifetime. He was so fit and well that we really thought he would be our one that we loved into real old age but in just one week that dream had gone!

We feel so privileged to have adopted him and shared seven and a half years with such a wonderful character. He was a joy to own and he and I had a very special bond. We loved doing Agility and Advanced Obedience and he was so easy to train but he had a playful streak he wanted to retrieve everything and a couple of time I was towed on my chair down the training hall to retrieve someone else's ball :rofl: He was loving, gentle and kind but very tall and he would put his paws on my shoulders and give a proper cuddle.

George loved people and he drew attention wherever we went, he had something special that people seemed to recognise and we have never experienced anything like this with any of our other lovely labs.

His lovely face was so good to snuggle into and his ears were like velvet. He was such a happy dog and he loved his walks over the fields. As you know he LOVED deer and so was on a retractable but this was a blessing as he and I watched so many deer over the years from the hedgerow. He knew he was on lead so sat still watching, quivering a little as if to say "if I was off lead I'd be off on an adventure mum"!!

George you made us laugh everyday I'm so happy that we shared seven and a half years with you and we hope you are now chasing as many deer as you like. We still feel like you're here and will love and miss you always.

Miss you big boy :love2: xx
Joan and George x
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gorgeous George 2008 - 22.11.2016

Post by autumndays »

What a lovely tribute to your boy, Joan.

Its so good that although you still miss him terribly, you can now laugh at the memories of his antics.

We never stop loving them even when they are gone from us.

Paul and Skye
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Blimey Joan, that's gone quick.

I must admit, I had teary eyes reading your story about Gorgeous George. You are right, that boy had something about him, be it his good looks or his attitude, I don't know. I will remember George forever, he was such a special boy, loved beyond the moon and back and then some.

No doubt, stealing the hearts of the ladies at the bridge. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Ooh Joan, I can’t believe a whole year has gone since you lost Gorgeous George.

What a lovely tribute to your one dog in a million. He’ll never be forgotten. :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw yes he was taken too soon Joan, they say only the good die young. Your tribute made me smile as I remember George and his deer antics we had a few posts on here regarding tips, if you remember I had the same problem with Bella, she is now nearly 11 and will still give a chase but gives up now, she has finally realised that they are just too quick to catch!

Thinking of you as remember your special boy, the loss doesn't get any easier somehow we just learn to live around it.

Jackie x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Joan what a beautiful tribute to your boy. I know you must miss him terribly, but what is lovely and so clear from your posting, is that you can now enjoy the memories he gave you, with tears or laughter they will always live on in your heart.

Thinking of you as you remember your wonderful boy.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Thinking of you both Joan :love3:

Another fur baby gone far to soon, keep running free sweet George :love2:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Aw Joan, it doesn't seem like a year and your recollections of George are a real tribute, very special and lovely to read.
Thinking of you :love3:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Joan, A lovely tribute to your Gorgeous George. I laughed at your recounting the "chair tow". I never met George but he was one of the ones I had become fond of on here and enjoyed your posts about him. I saw your pictures of him on facebook and they are really lovely pictures of him. You miss him but with very special memories of a very special boy. :love3:

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Joan we can't believe it's a year since you lost your one in a million Gorgeous George, your tribute was beautiful and brought a tear my eyes. It's true you can have that one special dog even though you love them all sometimes as I've been told you can have an extra unbreakable bond with one and know how terrible you must miss him.

Thinking of you :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Dear Joan
Gorgeous George one year it is so hard to believe, Joan your tribute was very beautiful and I expect yesterday was hard for you.Thinking if you and sending love.as you remember your very special boy.
Love Liz xx
Sorry I am late but I am away
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Dear Joan,
Saw your post about Gorgeous George on FB yesterday, and as I said, had been thinking about you, as I realised it was round about a year since you lost him.
Your tribute here is wonderful and brought tears to my eyes.
He truly was the most gorgeous boy, so handsome and your love for one another shines through in your words and in the photos you've posted.
I hope the very special memories you have will help to soothe the soreness in your heart. They certainly do leave footprints...
Love and hugs, :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Sue xx (with Merfyn and Lucy)