A few tough weeks

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

A few tough weeks

Post by Glenys »

Ive probably missed somethings on the site Sam was ill with a serious chest infection Sam has Asbestos in his lungs due to working in bad conditions with it years ago in those days they were knee deep in the stuff there was very little health and safety not a lot was known about asbestos we have lived with Sams health problems all our married life he always remains stoic but its much worse now any kind of infections will floor him I am pleased to say that whilst he will never be cured of this he is much brighter today.
So there was double jobs to be done mine and the ones he normally likes to do like holding a dog for me to photo when they come in and walk with adopters to the car to say goodbye to the dogs plus a bit of other stuff.
On top of that two of our dogs are poorly and little Pat had and emergency trip several times over the last months and on Sunday was very seriously ill and on oxygen we thought we would lose her and Gollie is living with his health problems ok the time is precious .

Anyway if Ive missed anything ill try to catch up but be assured the rescue wheel keeps on turning .
This is worth a thought

labradora
Senior User
Senior User

Re: A few tough weeks

Post by labradora »

I am really sorry to hear that you have been having a few tough weeks, too, Glenys. You have shown me immense sympathy and kindness since Inca went to the Rainbow Bridge exactly three weeks ago this afternoon. :cry3: Nothing has been too much trouble, and I am deeply grateful to you for being there, and for listening, when I needed someone to talk to.
You and Sam are very special people, :love6: and all the dogs you take in, nurture and find new and loving homes for, are tremdously fortunate to have you take care of them.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart :love3: .
Linda xxx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Glenys
Like Linda I am also sorry that life is tough at the moment we all understand as I am sure a lot of us have been there at one stage or another. We could be there for you even if it is at the end of the phone because as we all know just chatting can be some help, with you having Sam poorly and the dogs poorly it is very stressful.
The job that you do for all the labs is truly amazing and very hard work I can only say thank you.
Sadly I am not a few minutes away to be of real help but I am at the end of the phone or a mail if you prefer.
I really hope that things are improving with Sam and of course all your dogs.
Thinking of you all and sending love
Liz xx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Dear Glenys, I was sorry to read your Sam has been poorly for a few weeks, although pleased you feel he is now a bit brighter. Also sorry to know Pat has been quite poorly again. I often wonder how lovely Gollie is. I appreciate how difficult it is when hubby is unwell and then pets are poorly, never mind on top of it running a rescue. I admire you both for that very much and wish you luck and courage in all that you do. Thinking of you and wishing you and the dogs well.

I am sure no-one will worry if you have "missed" anything on the website. I think we assume you are busy and in between trying to grab some family time anyway. We don't expect you to be a full time "Webbist" (or even a part time one).

Hilary xx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Hi Glenys,

Sorry to read you've had a stressful few weeks with Sam, Pat and Gollie.

Glad things are starting to improve and Sam is feeling a little better.

You both are special people :love6: and as I've said before a lot of these Labs wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for you and Sam.

Thinking of you both.

Love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for the kind replies all is improving now hoping the brighter weather continues

Thank you also for your kind words which mean a lot .
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Really sorry to read that you've had a few tough weeks, it really is true that old saying, it never rains but it pours. Worrying about your Pat and Gollie is enough without poor Sam having a rough spell too.
Glad that things are improving for you now, sending positive healing thoughts to all,
For you :love3: a little bunch of spring,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Tros yr Afon
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Tros yr Afon »

Dear Glenys,

we are so sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time recently.... hopefully things will continue to improve and with spring on the way Sam will benefit from some warm weather xx

I haven't been contributing for a while recently for several domestic reasons but have followed all the goings-on at MKF... so I am glad I logged in and am able to send get well wishes to all your 'patients' ... those with 4 and 2 paws! I hope you are looking after yourself as well... you are very precious too!

So we all send love to you Sam Pat and Gollie and Betsy and Corrie send big nuzzles, licks and bum-sniffs (sniffs for Pat and Gollie really)

Hugs from Jo and the Snowdonia girls xxx :bighug:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Sorry to read your news Glenys, hope everyone continues to improve, it is not an easy job as it is and having your Sam and the dogs poorly makes things a lot more stressful.

Thinking of you all.

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you all your kind wishes are lovely and appreciated xx
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Glenys, so very sorry to hear Sam has been poorly, it must be such a worry for you. Both you and Sam are very special people, we have known you both for many years and you have always been there helping others and devoting your lives to the labs who are lucky to pass through your gates. I am pleased to hear Sam is feeling brighter and hope he continues to listen to you telling him to rest and is being the perfect patient LOL

Give all your fur babies a hug from me, they are such a worry, make sure you take care of yourself too.

Love and hugs

Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you Mel xx
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Glenys wrote:Thank you Mel xx
Glenys, you are more than welcome, the thanks are to you for everything you both do, you and Sam spending time with us when we have visited no matter how busy you have been.

Love and hugs

Michelle XX
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Keith
New User
New User

Post by Keith »

Hi Glenys

Sorry to hear about Sam..........I know you lean on each other heavily and its a team effort.

Lots of love to you both :love6:

Still think about Ivy often and hope she's doing well.

And Jake :2379: ...........well he's just Jake wouldn't swop him for the world. How twelve months have flown by.

Sorry I don't participate very often but look in when I can.

Love Keith