Doggy topic

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Doggy topic

Post by Glenys »

For us oldies do you remember as a child the family dog getting butchers bones to chew and eat there were no anal gland problems in those days ,do you remember white poo ( from eating Bones ) this ensured glads were cleaned the natural way.
There was only the PDSA vet a bus ride away I remember as a young kid taking the cat to be nuetered had to go on the bus to the vets I must have been about ten I was safe to travel not like these days where things have changed so much our Dog was a heinz 57 he lived to 17 years so was in my life all those years I was 17 when he died he got run over in the end he was a latch key dog followed me to school and would be waiting outside when I was coming home .
A whole different word then xx
Aileen

Re: Doggy topic

Post by Aileen »

Maisie and Annie had butcher's bones every week on a Saturday and absolutely loved them. :2362:
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Yes definitely a different world and I would say a much better and happier one too!

Jackie x
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

My parents' first Labrador was a big dog who pulled like a train! He and I grew up together and I used to take him for walks on my own on occasion - aged about 7! He never pulled on the lead with me and I was quite safe, he was very protective. Great times and a lovely dog.
Joan