Gorgeous George (for Joan)

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Gorgeous George (for Joan)

Post by coco-bean »

Gorgeous George

Today would have been George's 8th Gotcha Day instead it's almost 6 months since he died so suddenly. I still look at his photo and I honestly can't believe that this gentle soul isn't just in the next room or lying in the garden. We were so lucky to adopt George, we've had labs for well over 30 years but George took lab owning to another level. Wherever we went his handsome face and intelligent human loving temperament would draw strangers in, we had never experienced anything like it with our other labs. At home he brought so much love and happiness, making us laugh everyday. George and I had a unique bond he just knew what I was thinking, even before I did. He was always by my side so you can imagine how much I miss stroking his velvet ears and kissing that gorgeous face.

So my darling boy we miss you more each day, to say I'm still heartbroken is an understatement.

Adoption Day 14.5.2009 George's first photo on arriving home aged 10 months.

Having a cuddle with my gorgeous boy.

George had the best ears so soft.

16th September 2017 George was rushed to the vets as an emergency but had recovered by the time we arrived. This was taken by the vet nurse as she said he was in superb condition, 8 yrs old and not one grey hair. She put it on their Facebook page as Pet of the Day, a few hours later we were told he didn't have long to live.

Just 3 days before he died, he looks in such good condition and had been out for a lovely long walk.

Love Joan x
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gorgeous George (for Joan)

Post by coco-bean »

Thinking of you all today :love3:

Run free sweet George :love2:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thinking of you and yours Joan.

I must confess, I had a sneaky smile when I read always by your side, I immediately thought to myself "except when chasing deer"

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

No doubt he will be with our furbabies who have passed and gone to the bridge, causing havoc. Especially when he meets up with Scooby.
:love3: :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh Joan you have some beautiful pictures there of your Gorgeous George and your tribute to him says it all.
He was your once in a lifetime lad and I can understand why you feel so heartbroken.
:bighug: thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Lins wrote:Thinking of you and yours Joan.

I must confess, I had a sneaky smile when I read always by your side, I immediately thought to myself "except when chasing deer"

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

No doubt he will be with our furbabies who have passed and gone to the bridge, causing havoc. Especially when he meets up with Scooby.
:love3: :love3:
Yes Lin 100% by my side this side of our village bridge which leads to open fields and because of his escapades with the deer it was 100% on the other side too - thanks to the retractable lead. The little devil always knew where the deer were so you couldn't trust him not to put one, or on many occasions a whole herd up and he would have gone no question. I had never used a retractable lead before but it was a god send as once on it he would sit and quiver watching the deer go flying by. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Joan and George x
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Just beautiful photos of a beautiful boy, so sad.
Thinking of you today. :love3:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Joan
The photos of George really are Gorgeous I feel so very sad for you, so you are in my thoughts. Some of our boys or girls are so very special I Know.
I thought of George on Friday morning because Shelly now over 12 years spotted a deer,quietly grazing she snatched the lead out of my hand took off through the long grass, she would never have got close to it, then came back exhausted, George came straight to mind as you told us of his antics.
Thank you for sharing your lovely photos.
Love Liz xx and the girls of course they are in the UK. :love3:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Joan, the photos of your beloved George are beautiful and your tribute to him say it all.

We know the heartbreak you feel as we know George had a very special place in your heart and always will have.

Thinking of you all :love3:

Love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Sending Huge :bighug:'s to both of you on Gorgeous George's 8th Gotcha day. I remember when you got him Joan, such a stunner, lovely boy. These labs can never go away they are a breed of their own and always live in hearts forever. :love2:

Lovely photo's.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Blackdog
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Blackdog »

A lovely tribute to Gorgeous George. Your love for him is obvious and you must miss him every second. Sending big :bighug: your way.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Joan, your photos of George on your post are lovely, something precious to treasure. Your tribute to him is lovely but heartbreaking. I can understand how heartbroken you are and how you still cannot believe you have lost him, so unfair. You obviously had an extra special relationship with him that was, is and will always be so very very special and unique. Thinking of you and feeling for you as you remember Gorgeous George. :love3:

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

George was a dog in a million there is always one who takes your heart when we lose them we all understand the pain you are going through and send hugs and healing for you and love xxx
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

:love6: Dear Joan,
Haven't been on the site for a little while now, though have had a peep without logging in.
Just wanted to say how much I feel for you - he truly was a gorgeous boy and you must miss him dreadfully.
Lots of love from me (Sue) and sloppy licks from Merfyn :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :love6:
Rhona
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Rhona »

Dear Joan
So very sorry to read about handsome George. We met at the dog party last year with my rescue boy Draco. George was such a gentleman. Your photographs are lovely, I especially love the really close one.
Sending you lots of love at this difficult time.
Rhona and Draco
Xx
In our hearts forever
My hero
Majestic Mr Stitch
May 2008 January 2013