Gollie and Bear

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Gollie and Bear

Post by Glenys »

I thought I would give an update as you know we lost our beloved Gollie our Giant Schnauzer on 23/3 /17
it was so hard to bear especially as march seems to be when bad things happen in our family in march 2015 I had a car crash,March 2016 Sam had a heart attack and this year on 14th march I had a TIA ( mini stroke ) then we lost our beautiful boy on the 23rd March which was the hardest of all.

Gollie was not only our dog he was our protector he had a big bark and he was a great companion we gave him a good life which sadly was cut short Sam and I shed and still shed many tears but fate brought Gollie to us one morning we both decided to ask his breeder did they have a dog puppy left we knew they had pups so I emailed I said to Sam if its meant to be there will be one if it isnt then its fate it seemed a lifetime till I got the email yes we have one boy available .
The reason for a puppy is our dogs have to learn from day one to accept people other dogs and pets and more importantly our little people of the family two, four and 6 months twins who occasionally visit.

Well here he is Bear he is now 12 weeks old and a good boy ( most of the time ) he very quickly learned to bark if someone was at the door which is handy as i m hard of hearing and is respectable to our old dogs Labrador Nell and Betty and Pat sometimes thinks they can play .
They all have a new lease of life now too running with him in the garden and field

Here is Bear

Never will forget Gollie

Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gollie and Bear

Post by Morticia1162 »

Beautiful, beautiful boy. :love2:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh, I'm in love again

Gollie will be a hard act to follow but, I'm sure, given time, Bear will do you and him proud.

Welcome to the world of Labrador Rescue Bear. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Glenys he looks absolutely gorgeous and I love his name too, it really suits him, now he's like a cuddly teddy bear but one day he'll be all grown up and the size of a young black bear :rofl:

Please keep the photos coming Glenys he's going to grow so quickly and we don't get many chances to see puppies on this Forum and they are very much appreciated.

You've got the best home possible Bear so enjoy it and keep everyone on their toes :rofl:
Joan and George x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Glenys & Sam,

How gorgeous is he???? What a cute little guy, and learning quickly by the sounds of it. I like his name too, it must be so uplifting to have him around.

(sorry to read you'd had a stroke Glenys, hope you are quite recovered now).

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Glenys and Sam
Love the photo of Bear he is stunning
Love Liz xx
max31
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Re Bear

Post by max31 »

Glenys - he is gorgeous and I am sure he will help mend your broken hearts.
Sorry to hear of your TIA - hope you are ok now. xxx

Love from Corinne
Blackdog
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Blackdog »

How lovely a new (Teddy) Bear to cuddle, hope he helps in mending your broken hearts. Our Emma loves puppies and I wonder sometimes if she once had a litter of her own.

Sorry to hear about your TIA - my friend had one last July but has been fine since.

Hugs all round x
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

He is absolutely gorgeous - you did the right thing - was meant to be - delighted to see loads more photos!!
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Gorgeous :love2: Enjoy him Glenys.

Jackie x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Glenys & Sam,

What can we say other than Bear is absolutely gorgeous and hope he helps to mend your broken hearts, as we know how much you both loved your beloved Gollie and who forever will hold a special place in both your hearts :love2:

Please keep the updates and photos coming on how Bear is doing and enjoy every moment of him growing into the gentleman Gollie was.

So sorry to hear about your TIA Glenys and really hope you and Sam are both ok now :love3:

Love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Bear is gorgeous Glenys.

:love2: :love2:

Wishing you must happiness. :love3:

Kay.xx
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Glenys and Sam I am so pleased for you . This little black bundle will keep you all on your toes. Bear looks beautiful and will definitely fill that big hole. :love6:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh Glenys, so pleased for you and Sam, that gorgeous chap definitely had your name on him!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

How gorgeous is he!
Oh Glenys, he is so cute - as you say, meant to be.
Merfyn and I wish you many many happy years of love and companionship with this adorable little boy
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Big hugs to all of you