Dog Friendly beaches

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tros yr Afon
Advanced User
Advanced User

Dog Friendly beaches

Post by Tros yr Afon »

Hi everyone...I wonder if you can offer a few ideas and advice... I am going to meet some friends who are currently staying in Wales on hols. We hope to meet somewhere around Barmouth .... They have 3 dogs and I have my 2 (Betsy and Corrie from Cyprus via MKF) Does anyone have any idea of good dog friendly beaches around Barmouth ...its a bit off my local radar? All advice and ideas welcomed ...

Thanks from Jo and the Snowdonia Princesses xx :read:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Dog Friendly beaches

Post by kayj »

Hi Jo and the Snowdonia Princesses,

Google ------- Nine Dog - Friendly Beaches of Snowdonia , it has maps of the beaches in Barmouth /Aberdovey / Harlech where dogs are allowed.

My favourite is Black Rock Sands -------- you can drive onto the beach there,it's about 21 miles from Barmouth . :2379:

Kay.xx
Tros yr Afon
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Tros yr Afon »

Thanks Kay... checked and we are all sorted ... with lunch place just north of Barmouth ... I ha an early driving lesson on Black Rock Sands over 40 yrs ago (!)... but I'd prefer to draw a veil over that ... I have to say I am a safer driver these days :)

:1001

Jo and the girls x:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi Jo and the girls,

Glad to hear that you have got your beach trip sorted and lunch place . :2362:

Hope you have a great time. :2379:

Kay.xx
Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Labrador3 »

We know its a bit late now but we have to recommend the South Beach in Tenby, South Wales. We have just stayed in a dog friendly hotel overlooking the beach in Tenby and our boy Roly absolutely loved it! To comply with Tenby's blue flag beach status you need to access the beach from the boardwalk in front of some newly built apartments at the South end of the Esplanade (google earth it). Its a stunning beach which stretches for a long distance bordered by sand dunes and woodland.
I took Roly for a run/paddle every morning before breakfast and we usually had the beach to ourselves! The weather was fantastic and the water was crystal clear, more like the Med. There is a boat trip available to Caldey Island which was free for dogs and some nice walks once there as long as you keep your dog on the lead. We saw seals basking in one of the bays and puffins nesting on the cliffs.
Also, most of the pubs are dog friendly and had beer gardens too so we could take him out with us for a meal and drink at night.
Highly recommended.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

This is a good thread thank you for contributing