A Tribute To Our Beloved Little Max

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

A Tribute To Our Beloved Little Max

Post by LabLover »

Hi Everyone,

First we would like to thank you all for your support and kind words of comfort following the loss of our beloved Little Max.

Dear our beloved Little Max,

It was exactly 6 years to the day after we first met you that we had to say our goodbyes to each other. Although we only had a short life together in that time we made sure all you knew was what it was like to be loved, cherished and cared for.

When we first met you, you were skin and bone but despite not having been cared for in your short life you was such a kind, gentle boy with not a bad bone in your body. Even though we were only initially meant to be fostering you, I knew from the moment you got in our car you were already on your way to your forever home.

You didn't even know what a toy was and certain noises like trains, motorbikes and bangs scared you but with the help of your big bruvs Milo and Zak you soon learnt how to play and with guidance from your mummy and daddy also overcame your fears.

Although life was a rollercoaster ride at times with your tummy problems and even when you was close to death a couple of years ago when your tummy telescoped you made sure there was no way you were going to leave us and so long as you wanted to fight we were prepared to fight every battle with you, that's how you got the name "brave little solider"

You stole everyone's hearts who met you from family, friends, neighbours, forum members,vets, nurses and strangers. There was just something so special about you, we remember once when we where at N/W Surgeons a nurse came into reception and recognised you straight away and came flying over to see you and told us how the nurses used to fight over who was going to look after you. The nurses at our vets adored you and gave you extra cuddles when you were in there. Only the other week one of the nurses at Liverpool called you " a little flower and lovely boy" she also said we didn't need to worry as you had definitely built up your own fan club. Your own vets in a card said "you have made a lasting impression on all of them" we think all the above goes to show you were a legend in your own rights.

Although you loved your daddy you and me had such a special unique bond that I've never felt before. I miss my shadow not being by my side as no matter where I went you were always there right beside me. You also loved your Grandma as she did you and we couldn't mention the word Grandma unless she was here, as you used to get so excited seeing her and would pick something up to run and greet her with.

We feel so privileged to have had you as part of our family and although our hearts are shattered and the pain hurts so very very much at least you went to the bridge while you was still pain free. I'll cherish the last minutes we had together especially that last kiss you gave me just before you had to leave for your journey to the bridge where I know our other beloved boy Milo will have been waiting for you.

You have left a massive void in our lives but unfortunately, the last battle was one that we just couldn't win together no matter how hard we tried and can only take comfort in knowing your big bruv Milo will be looking after you and that you both will be running free together again.

Good night and god bless sweetheart we will love you forever and don't think our hearts will ever fully mend, as life will never be the same without you.

Lots of love forever and always

Mummy, Daddy & Zak xxx
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: A Tribute To Our Beloved Little Max

Post by Liz5353 »

Amanda Jim Zak
Your tribute is Little Max is so beautiful, thinking of you all and it is wonderful to hear from you.
Your beautiful boys are so loved, Milo will take care of your special little boy.
Big hug for Zak from us.
Love to you all
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly xxx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Dear Amanda, Jim & Zak

That is a lovely tribute to your brave little soldier. What a special little hero he was. Always in your heart and therefore always were you are.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Beautiful :cry3: :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Amanda and JIm..I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. What a lovely tribute, and despite Max's tough start in life, he had the most wonderful life with you, and that is all he will have remembered.

Although Max's life has been cut short, he was so lucky to have found you and his gorgeous brothers. He had a life full of so much love, and I know that you'll get some comfort knowing that.

You'll miss him terribly, and all of his fans will never forget him, but he's there running with Milo, and you can look back and be incredibly proud of what you did for him. Left no stone unturned, right to the end.

Huge hugs to you both, and and extra one for Zac. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Wonderful tribute, just lovely. :love2:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Amanda and Jim.... such wonderful words to such a beautiful boy

Run free little Max.

:love2:

All our Love

Pat, Zach, Jake and Yogi

x x x x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

A beautiful tribute to your beloved Max. :love2:

Run free Max with Milo by your side. :love3:

Kay.xx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

I bet you had tears in your eyes writing that wonderful tribute to your brave little warrior. I know I have them in mine.

Thinking of you.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

A lovely tribute to such a special boy ♡♡
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Your love for Max shines out from your tribute, I'm in tears here. Another special boy gone much too soon, I'm still heart broken over the loss of George and can't believe that Little Max has gone from this horrendous disease after all his fights to stay with you. Life is just so unfair - thinking of you both and big hugs to Zak.
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

A wonderful tribute to a very special boy.

Jim and Amanda could not have been better " Parents " to Max I have no idea in terms of money certainly heartache they have gone through in the six years he was a little scrap when they took him home and they quickly said he was staying forever ,sadly forever in dog terms can be very short but as they say " living in the now" is forever to them.

We weigh up how much our dogs mean to us and the cost in terms of heartache an happiness and there is no contest the happiness is worth it all to have known that love and shared that life.

Little Max Brave of Heart, giver of love, Receiver of happiness now at the Bridge but left behind a legacy of memories for many .

Love to Amanda and Jim xxxx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

So very sorry to read this I have tears rolling down my cheeks as I write. Sending heartfelt condolences to you both Amanda & Jim, I know as do other forum members how special Max was to all the family & yourselves.

Thinking of you both :love3: :love3:

Ann xx
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Labrador3 »

So sorry for your loss of Little Max. The short time you had was with him was wonderful and you will have nice memories for ever.
Very best wishes. xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Very touching and loving tribute for gorgeous little Max......thinking of you all :cry3:

Jackie x