posting pics

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Maggies Dad
Senior User
Senior User

posting pics

Post by Maggies Dad »

Hi, is anyone else having trouble posting pics through photobucket? or is it just me?

The picture I uploaded to photobucket of Jess "A Very Bad Dog" doesn't appear on my post for me. I get a box saying I need to update my account which would appear to mean paying them money. For the number of times I use photobucket, this just isnt worth it.

Does anyone know how else I can add pics on our site another way please?
Brian. ( Max and Jess's Dad )
Maggie, Woof and Bryn, Together Forever
Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: posting pics

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I've had problems for a while now, after being able to post pics no problem, I follow the instructions given on this web site, worked before, now I just get the "line of code" from photobucket in my post, pressing command button and "v" just inserts a carriage return in the "line of code" instead of the picture. I have had the update account thing recently, can't remember what I did, probably got fed up and logged off.

Hilary
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Lins and CocoBean (Debbie)'s photos are showing the same message. I've always had problems with Photobucket as it corrupted our main computer :2008: Debbie has always helped by putting my photos on but this time I sent her some to remember George's 9th Birthday and she has been unable to post them for me as Photobucket wouldn't allow her to. She got the same message as you did.

It sounds as if Photobucket has had its day regarding putting photos on here. I don't know of any other way unfortunately.
Joan and George x
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

I've never had a problem posting pics and hopefully as you can see - still can!

This is how we've always done it:-
I don't know if there is more than one way of doing it but this is the way that I do it!

1. Create a photobucket account - it's free: http://www.photobucket.com
2. Upload your photo(s) to photobucket
3. Create your post on here
4. Insert the photo:-

Above the part where you type your message there is a button labelled Img, if you click on this you will get Image

To get the photo bucket link for your photo
On photobucket, select the photo, next to it there are several options. Click on the one that says "direct" and this will tell you it has copied the link, then you just paste that link between the brackets as above and hey presto you have a photo in your post:-

hope that helps.

Jane and Lily
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Thanks for that Jane, it is different to the way I used to do it, will give your way a bash.

Love the pic of clever Lily

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

That's the way I've always done it and I am getting the same. It looks like they are trying to charge for the privilege and I also feel that it's not worth whatever they want to charge for the amount of times I use it. :2012:

If anybody out there knows of another free site that offers 3rd party web hosting, I'm sure a few of us would be interested. Thanks in advance.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Yes guys I have never had any problems before but can't put photos on now :2012:

I'm on instagram and it is sooooooo easy *takes 2 mins to put photos on* so if anyone is on instagram let me know so I can follow you :lol:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Very sad, but the main reason I went onto lab rescue nw area Facebook, so easy to post and share photos, it must be I can do it. :rofl: :rofl:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

I came home from holiday and discovered that I couldn't see a lot of the pictures embedded in the posts, getting the same box as Maggies dad instead! When I Googled photobucket I found reports pop up that they stopped the picture embedding without notice unless users pay 400 dollars a year - the news reports say that some people can't access their own albums either. What a shame............
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I haven't got round to trying the way outlined above for posting photobucket pics yet. Spent ages trying to put more recent photos on photob just a little while ago with no success. Now I am getting emails about paying/upgrading.

Never fancied social media, don't like that "they" own your info etc. Question - do you have to use your own name on facebook or could I use a nickname? There are a few (about 3) facebook pages I would like to see now but really really don't want to invite garbage from strangers or people from schooldays etc. Or have to put much info on about me.
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

Just trying a test to see if I can upload a photo on here using a different free imaging site. No way is photo bucket
going to get any of my cash.
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

It worked !!! :1951: :1951:
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

I went into photobucket, needed to re enter my email and they confirmed me by email. Not had to pay and all my photos are there ok.
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Garyt wrote:It worked !!! :1951: :1951:
So are you going to tell the the rest of us how to do it?

Jane and Lily
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Garyt wrote:It worked !!! :1951: :1951:

Come on Gary, spill the beans cos Photobucket ain't getting a penny out of me either..............I'm pretending to be from Yorkshire. :1967:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador