Golden Paste

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Milliemax
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Golden Paste

Post by Milliemax »

Can anyone help please. Going off previous recommendations I have ordered some golden paste for Max and Millie. Max is on Trocoxil an anti inflammatory is it ok to give him both. I have googled it but cannot find anything. Thanks in advance x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Golden Paste

Post by jackie »

I would say yes but like all things maybe wise to check with your vet. It sounds like I am in the same position as you as I have just received some Golden Paste for Maggie who is starting to develop arthritis. She has been on a very low dose of metacam for a couple of weeks to try and help the inflammation in her hip and we are now stopping it to see how she fairs. I plan to start the Golden Paste in a few days - have to be careful introducing anything new to Maggie as lots of things upset her digestive system and we did try Seraquin last year which has tumeric in and had some really good results but then her stools were not so good a few weeks after introducing them. Still might try them again as they did help and I would rather the odd soft stool then her be in pain.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Jackie x
Milliemax
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Milliemax »

Max and Millie have been on Golden Paste now for 4 days on the very lowest doses. Tomorrow they will have two doses for the next 4 days. It is a little too early to see any benefits I think, but hopefully Max will get some soon. I checked and he can have GP with his Trocoxil. Millie is also on Nutraquin Plus which is a glucosamine supplement. She developed a front leg limp a while ago and after investigation nothing could be found for the cause but after a few weeks on the Nutraquin Plus the limp disappeared. I will let you know of any developments. Oh and forgot to mention both dogs gobbled up their meals with the added GP and never batted and eyelid - very strange (not) :1966:

Berenice x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Thanks for the update Berenice. Maggie has started on GP now too and so far so good but we are back on metacam too so difficult to know if the GP is working as her medication always gives her relief.

Hope all goes well for Max and Millie.

Jackie x