Arthritis Help Needed

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Arthritis Help Needed

Post by jackie »

Thanks for that Hilary and Joan - I have emailed Lintbells about the advance version to see if they will let me buy it, if not I will ask the vet for a prescription. Maggie has had lots of supplements over the years, tried most apart from the vet prescription ones but happy to go onto those now if it helps.I just started her on Dasuquin so we will see if that makes any difference - there are so many on the market it is difficult to know which ones to choose!

I have had to take her off the metacam as she starting being sick so looks like back to the drawing board although she has managed some good walks this weekend so fingers crossed she is ok.

Jackie x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Joe + Hilary wrote:Joan, Thanks for reminding me who let me know about the possibility of Lintbells selling direct. Tuppy had been having Yumove Advance from Amazon I think, then Black Cat, then a gap when things became difficult again. When I got some from Lintbells I again noticed a vast improvement. - So thanks.

I often think of Gorgeous George, he was one of my favorites.

Hilary xx
Thank you, Hilary, for your comment about Gorgeous George he was a very special boy and we miss him dreadfully, he was such a good friend and always by my side (except when he smelt a deer :rofl: :rofl: )
Joan and George x
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Can't recommend hydrotherapy enough, it's made huge improvements for Lola, who's hips are very bad, she's only 51/2, 1xonsior tablet daily and 3x Yumove advance daily, ins paying for both for as long as needed.
We made sure she lost weight and managing to maintain it so far, she manages two 45 min walks a day and 20mins off lead running and half hour of hydro each week and she's great.
Avoiding surgery for as long as possible, as long as she remains comfortable that's ok. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx