Low immune system

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Low immune system

Post by Lins »

Poor Molly, she is suffering from poor scabby skin. Her immune system is fighting her arthritis so hard that she is struggling to fight anything else.

Despite special shampoo from the vet, there is not much improvement.

I then started thinking about her food. She has been on JWB for years. I know they were bought out and started to wonder if any ingredients had changed. I am reliably informed that the answer to this was yes _ potassium.

Now I don't know what you think personally but, I don't think this should be done without a warning on the packaging.

It is too early to tell yet but needless to say, I have changed her food.

Please keep all crossed that this helps, it's heartbreaking to see her as uncomfortable as she is.

I will be back on with a progress report in a few weeks once we (hopefully) see a difference.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Low immune system

Post by JoanG »

Sorry to hear about Molly, Lins. I totally agree manufacturers should give advance warning about changes to ingredients, years ago we had a lab on Eukanuba before it was taken over by one of the big giants and that was suddenly changed to cheaper ingredients. Another brand which we used, as it had oats as the cereal, went over to wheat, which we didn't want, without letting customers know. It can cause all sorts of problems.

Sending dear Molly loads of positive and healing thoughts that both the arthritis and skin problems can be brought under control asap.

Big hugs to Molly and these :love3: are for you Lins I know how worried you are.
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I agree they shouldn't change the recipe without notice but many food firms do.

Hope Molly is feeling better soon xx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Sorry to hear Molly is having problems, I do hope she becomes more comfortable soon and look forward to hearing how she's getting on.

:bighug: Molly

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Poor Molly, I hope by changing her food that it will help to clear her skin Lins. Do manufacturers think it does not matter that they change ingredients in dog foods.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Lins and Molly
Oh Molly poor you so uncomfortable, let's hope you will feel very much improved very very soon and then mum will not be as stressed also.
I do agree about ingredient changes and how often do we look at this if we are happy with the food, maybe it is just me but I never do.
Molly :bighug: from our girls they are not with me at the moment and love to you Lins
Liz x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sorry to hear Molly is suffering with her skin and hope the change in food will help.

Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts for your beautiful girl.

Please give Molly a :bighug: from us.

Thinking of you to Lins as I know how you will be feeling :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Aw Lins, poor Molly. Have you researched supplements to maybe give her immunity a boost?

We've got Jess and Tilly on Arden Grange. They have sardines in oil a couple of times a week, and a 'Sunday Dinner' which is the Burns wet food satchets once a week. Both have lovely shiny coats, and, touch wood, barely a days illness between them. They are both full of energy, and fit. It may just be that we are lucky - but diet in some dogs seems to make a massive difference.

Big hugs to Molls Dollls, and I hope she feels better soon. :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Poor Molly sorry to hear she has skin problems. I agree they should have given notice if any change in ingredients.

I have always home cooked, started 13 years ago as Maggie has had bad skin problems all of her life so know what you are going through! Just let me know if you need any tips I have learnt a lot about dogs with skin problems over the years :2090:

Sending lots of healing thoughts and hugs for Molly.

Jackie x