Night Night God Bless Our Darling Barney

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Night Night God Bless Our Darling Barney

Post by Melliott »

It is with the saddest and heaviest of hearts we had to say night night to our beloved Barney. Barney went on his final journey to the bridge on Friday the 25th August aged 13.

Our darling boy, we loved you with all of our hearts. Never forgetting the day you came to us over 8 years ago. We discovered you were 5 the very same week you chose to adopt us. We had a very special birthday for you and a few days later we took you to Wales in our caravan with Millie. You bonded with Millie instantly, she gave you all her wisdom and showed you how to trust. We will never forget the day you bounded across the sand to chase seagulls, and then you bounded through the sea with such joy on your face, as if you realised you could be happy, For me, your Mummy, we had a special bond, since the day you came to live with us we never spent one night apart. Your were a special lad who touched our hearts like no other dog ever has, you showed such loyalty and devotion. You gave us so much and we hope you realised how much we loved you, and how hard it was to have to say goodbye.

Barney, life will never be the same again without you in our lives, truly a dog in a million, you were a once in a lifetime boy. We miss you so very much, miss you dreaming after a walk with all 4 paws twitching, miss wiping away your sleepy dust afterwards, miss your smell, nuzzling your neck and breathing against your fur, we miss everything about you, if we could wish for anything it would be to have you back here with us.

For now our darling boy, a true gentleman in every way, enjoy running with Millie and Molly, and please come and visit us whenever you want to, until we meet again.

With all our love always and forever, your heartbroken

Mummy, Daddy and Sally XXXX
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Night Night God Bless Our Darling Barney

Post by Liz5353 »

Rest in Peace dear Barney, reunited with your sisters, for Dad Mum & Sally we send love at this very sad time.
Sleep tight beautiful Barney.
Much love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly xx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Dear Michelle, Mark and Sally,

We were so sorry when we got your message Friday to say that you had to say goodbye to your beloved Barney and know how heartbroken and devastated you both we're, as we know how special Barney was to you both and that comes across in your beautiful tribute to him.

Barney was a lucky boy to have found such a special mummy and daddy and nobody could have loved him more than you both did. You gave him a wonderful life and all he ever knew was what it was like to be loved. We know the pain you both will be going through but Barney will have left you with so many happy memories that we know you will cherish in your hearts forever.

Thinking of you both and Sally :love3:

Run free beautiful boy with your sisters Millie and Molly, the 3 musketeers reunited together again :love2: :love2: :love2:

Lots of love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

So very sorry Michelle,Mark and Sally for your loss of Barney.

Your tribute to him is beautiful . :love2: He was a lucky boy and much loved by you .

Loved seeing your holiday pictures and reading about your trips.

My thoughts are with you at this very sad time. :love3:

Run free at the bridge Barney ,reunited with Millie and Mollie again. :love2: :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

So very sorry you have lost your darling Barney. You have given him a lovely tribute. I am sure he knew how much he was loved, how could he not, it is so evident in how you write about him. :love2: :love2: for your loyal best friend and :love3: :love3: for you.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

So very sorry that Barney had to leave you to run and play over the bridge,

Goodnight Barney, you will live in your Mummy and Daddy's hearts. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So very sorry to read you have lost your beautiful boy Barney. Life is never the same after you have lost something so very precious. Thinking of you all.

Run free at the bridge Barney sweetheart.

Jackie x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Barney. I'm not ashamed to admit that it brought tears to my eyes.

Run free at the bridge Barney and give a bark to all our furbabies that will be there to welcome you together with Millie and Mollie.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

So very sorry to hear this sad news Michelle. Sending hugs to you all :bighug:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh Michelle, I'm so very sorry that you have had to say goodbye to Barney. I know he was so special to you and over the years I've enjoyed seeing pictures of him and your girls.
My heart goes out to you, sleep tight Barney :love2:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Oh, Michelle, I am so sorry to read you have lost your beloved Barney. What a beautiful tribute for such a lovely boy. I know the absolute heartbreak you will be feeling, having just lost my beloved Annie on Monday. Sending you love and hugs to help you through the days ahead.
Run free sweet Barney and find Annie to play with. xxx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Thinking of you and Mark, Michelle at this terrible time. I am so sorry for the loss of your special boy.

Sending hugs

Alison x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

So so sorry Michelle. What a lovely tribute to Barney. Such a hard time when we have to let them go, but you have summed up his life with you beautifully.

Run free Barney :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Dear Michelle and family,
Just to say how very sorry I am to read this sad news.
Your tribute to Barney is so beautiful and I hope that in time your cherished memories of the precious years you spent together will help you all to smile again.
Thinking of you
Big hugs from Merfyn and me :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: