BALEE has gone to Rainbow Bridge

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

BALEE has gone to Rainbow Bridge

Post by Diesel Kate »

At 4.15am Balee went to Rainbow Bridge absolutely heartbroken. I was with him at home when he went stroking his head and telling him it was OK TO. He was due at the vets later to be PTS. We arrived home from the boat yesterday at tea time.

He came bounding into our lives on the 8th of August 2008; ian said he's not going back in his kennel. Sam let him out to us and said he had been adopted 4 days before to someone who had not had a dog before in Doncaster and returned, I can only think they must have thought to themselves give a dog a bone, now we found out very quickly you do not give Balee a bone and try and take it off him or was it as Sam said he changed his name and would not come when he was called. That is the only bad thing I can say about him his loss was our gain. Except for his occasional counter surfing, pinching my slippers, chewing Ian's socks. Chasing cats and squirrels. Shall I go on.

A few years ago we had the boat out on hardstanding painting the bottom at the marina, during the night Balee heard something so we put all the lights on and let him out and the workshop was being burgled with Balee Barking they soon moved and left with very little.

I have loved all my dogs whole heartedly but Balee just had that edge as we spent 24 hours a day together as I had retired from work in the April when my previous dog Jake was ill and went to Rainbow Bridge in the July.

I shall miss Balee forever

Thank You to Kerry his first mum for giving him a good start in life, and a HUGE THANK YOU to Glenys and Sam for letting us adopt him.

Goodnight baby sleep tight until we meet again.

23-01-2004 - 24-09-2017

Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: BALEE has gone to Rainbow Bridge

Post by mollie »

Aw Kath. Heartbreaking news. :cry3: :cry3: My Ian still remembers holding him for you at Funday, a few years ago. What a job that was!

Can't say any more, other than whatever start in life Balee had, most of it was spent in the most wonderful, loving home a dog could have wished for.

He's at Rainbow Bridge now, along with Nell.

Thinking of you, with big hugs, and an extra one for Megan. :bighug: :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Kath, we are so sorry to read that you have had to say goodbye to your beloved Balee and know the pain you will be feeling but know Balee will have left you will many happy memories that you will cherish in your heart forever.

Thinking of you all and please give Megan a :bighug: as know she will also miss your special boy.

Run free at the bridge Balee :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Dear Kath ,

So very sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved Balee. My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time :bighug: to Megan.

Run free at the bridge Balee . :love2:

Kay.xx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Hi Kath I am so sorry to hear about your boy.

Sending hugs and thinking of you.

Alison x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Kath Ian & Megan
We are so very sorry about the loss of your beautiful boy Balee, this is such a sad and heartbreaking time,we are thinking of you.
Sleep tight dear Balee.
Sending love and hugs to you all.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly xx
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

So sorry to hear your sad news,

Joan xx
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

So sorry to hear this sad news Kate - run free at the bridge dear Balee
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

So sorry, a lot of bad news around just now. Remember all thise goid times, he was a character.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Kath lots tears here for you and for Balee .
I remember that day clearly he was a legend a big boy too, you gave him his wonderful home and all his boat adventures and loved him and cherished him and our friendship started too.
When he adopted you on that day Nell and Balee were young dogs a whole happy life ahead and that's what they got.

I hope they find each other at the bridge and when we ourselves cross over there we find our beloved dogs our hearts go out to you

Glenys and Sam xx
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

So very sorry Kath that you have lost your beloved boy. We know you gave him a wonderful life and without you he wouldn't have been that special boy he was. It's so terribly heartbreaking when they leave us, remember those times you shared, we hope they help ease the pain.

Thinking of you

Love Michelle, Mark and Sally X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Oh Kath I'm so sad to read that your beloved Balee has passed away and my heart aches for you as I know how devastated you must be feeling after losing your "special" big boy. Just like George Balee went at home with you comforting him, our vet said it doesn't happen like that often, it was as if he chose to go when he thought it was right and in his own home.

What a character he was I loved reading your posts on his antics and I sincerely hope that all your funny/happy memories, and you must have so many, will help to make you smile in the months to come as you remember him.

Run free dear Balee, you and Nell will have such fun again. Thinking of you both and sending big hugs to Megan.
Joan and George x
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Dear Kath and family,
Just to say how very sorry I am to read about Balee.
I always enjoyed reading about his many exploits and it was so obvious how very much he was loved.
I too know the heartbreak you're going through.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
from Merfyn and me xx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Dear Kath,

I don't know what to say except I know how you must be feeling. The memories will make you smile in time, when the pain of losing him goes. Promise.

We all know how much Balee meant to you. Thinking of you (and Glenys) at this sad time.

Two beautiful (if different) furbabies gone to the bridge more or less together.

Run free at the Bridge dear Balee, knowing you were loved to the moon and back.

:bighug: Kath.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So sorry to read this Kath I know how heartbroken you will be. If we are lucky one or two of us get that extra special bond with a dog, we love them all dearly but sometimes we have one that seems to be a little diffierent, Balee was your special one, and you were lucky to have found each other. Thinking of you all at this very sad and difficult time.

Run free at the bridge Balee sweetheart.
Jackie