Good Holiday Reading

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Good Holiday Reading

Post by Labrador3 »

Hello all,
I have just been on holiday to Greece with my wife and before we went I called in our local Tesco for something to read on the beach. There was an offer on 2 books for £7 so I picked up "A Dog's Purpose" for the Mrs and a book about the SAS (man stuff!) for myself. Many on here will have seen or heard of "A Dog's Purpose" with it being made a film. I don't know how closely the film follows the book but I must say I enjoyed reading it myself. I would recommend it to anyone who loves dogs and enjoys a good story (I won't spoil it but there are some very sad bits as well as happy) and it made me think about life and the great question of "what's it all about?".
Enjoy.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Good Holiday Reading

Post by JoanG »

Thanks for the tip, I didn't see the film but the book sounds good.
Joan and George x
max31
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by max31 »

I agree A Dogs Purpose is excellent reading. To follow on from this by the same author ( W.Bruce Cameron) read A Dog's Journey. Another excellent book is The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein (another one to bring tears to your eyes). These books are all for dog lovers of course.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Thanks for that. I'm always on the look out for a good book. I'll look it up on amazon.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Me too, I will add it to my ipad library!

Jackie x