Ken

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Ken

Post by Glenys »

Update on Ken the adorable . This lovely boy must have been through the mill in his seven years.

Very often dogs living with people with addictions never know if a meal is on offer or even when, sometimes eating only human food they will of course still be devoted even if afraid of an owner he was flea infested so today we saw the Vet
Sam and I took Ken he was a good boy was checked over his fleas are all gone ( to flea heaven ) but coat very dry and coat flaky his eye tooth is fractured he was fine being examined but would not be touched on his nether regions obviously very painful .
It has been agreed he be sedated and that area examined could be he has been injured in that area his testicles are dark in colour could be bruised .
Our suggestion is he can be sedated on Tuesday and checked if all ok he can be neutered and the damaged tooth out and micro chipped as well and first vaccinations done.
He has a sunny nature after not having the best life hes now playing ball here and eating very well he gives cuddles and very loving .
He was also ok in the back seat of car with Sam but because his rear end is painful was difficult getting him in the back hes having a bath tomorrow and motor car is a big scary thing when you haven't been in one .

Thank you to Linda for sending a kind donation to especially help Ken he really is happy in-spite of in some pain we saved his life this week its all thanks to you all, our supporters helping us to be able to afford to do the work xx

Please wish him well dear lovely Ken xx

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ken

Post by Melliott »

My my my words fail me but I will find some anyway. My heart goes out to dogs like Ken, living a life of uncertainty, never knowing when or if they will be fed. Feeling the blow from a human when that human clearly isn't human because whatever situation they are in cruelty to an animal is not acceptable, yet despite all of that they still want love from that person who is responsible for the sad life they are leading.

Thank you to everyone concerned for rescuing Ken, he deserves this chance, he deserves a life of love and caring, of warmth and safety, and consistency, and above all a loyal owner who will show this special boy what real love is. In return he will pay them back a 1000 times over with such loyalty and I can guarantee a bond which will then never be broken.

Dear Ken we wish you all the luck in the worLd for the next stage of your life, we hope all goes well at the vets, and we know you have a loving safe future ahead of you, some lucky person will be waiting for you to enrich their lives soon.
Lots of love
Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Ken you are a really handsome boy and you are safe now, on Tuesday we will think of you and very soon you will find that special forever home.
Like Michelle we wish you luck every day will be better .
A :bighug: for you from us
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

I’m so sorry Ken that someone has hurt you, but we promise you your life is going to change and you will be loved and cared for with food, a bed and a family to call your own.

This story has made me really upset and I can’t wait for the happy ending
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

I agree with all the previous comments, don't really trust myself to say much more, the only thing keeping me calm is knowing he's now safe and a lifetime of love awaits him. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Poor lad :cry3: It honestly amazes me how dogs are just so forgiving and trusting of humans when they have been so poorly treated. It also saddens me deeply that there are dogs who have to endure this kind of treatment day in day out.

Sending lots of healing cuddles to Ken, you are safe now darling.

Jackie x
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Post by broadhorizons29 »

Poor boy. Thank goodness that he is now safe and going to have a great, loving future. I will keep up with progress. Many thanks NWL rescue yet again!

Lin and Oscar
Xx :blue:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Kens new family came to visit him yesterday it was love at first sight :love2: so Tuesday is the big day for Ken at our vets he will hopefully if all is straight forward be neutered because his googles are sore he will have his tooth removed and all being well his new family will meet me there when hes out of the anesthetic and he will be taken to his new home and new life and even have a new name :2362:

New Name new life it will be a good one Ken xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Fabulous news :1972: Hope all goes well for him on Tuesday.

Jackie x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Wishing Ken well with his visit to the vet on Tuesday. That his treatment goes well and that his new family can take him to his forever home of love as planned. I hope we hear how he gets on at least at first. Good Luck, dearest Ken. :love2: :love2:

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So pleased that the gorgeous Ken has a new loving family lined up, he's going to bring them so much happiness and be loved and properly cared for in return. I hope his new family send Glenys some photos in a few months time because he's going to blossom into a truly stunning dog, he's got such a handsome face.

Hope all goes well at the vets on Tuesday, Ken so deserves a happy life from now on. Thank you Glenys and team for another brilliant rescue :love3:
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Ken lots of luck for tomorrow and we will think of you, but even better and if all goes according to plan you will be going to your new forever home, how wonderful is that.
Yes Joan he is a very handsome boy with such a kind face.
Lots and lots of love Ken
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Good luck for tomorrow to you and your prospective new family Ken. :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Good luck for tomorrow gorgeous Ken :bighug:

You are going to be so loved in your new home :1951:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Good Luck for tomorrow Ken keeping everything crossed that all will be well. :bighug: :bighug:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )