Thank you Bonnie home

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Thank you Bonnie home

Post by Liz5353 »

Thank you everyone Bonnie is home now,, she is quite wobbly but has had half a can of I/d, she is resting and the other 3 have settled down.
The results are reasonable normal liver not enlarged, pancreas and small intestine small changes, we may at some stage have to consider a scan here, they have stressed that she must lose weight, she is 33 kgs, they would like to take her off Previcox and by losing weight this may happen.
She will have another blood test in 6 weeks as she still needs dental surgery but I feel for the minute that she needs a little break from all the trauma.
Thank you all, your kind words help so much.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Thank you Bonnie home

Post by Morticia1162 »

So pleased Bonnie is back home with you all, results sound encouraging for now, she's not grossly overweight so I'm sure she can shift that with a little discipline. :love2:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Really pleased to hear this news. From what we learned from the vet with George it's definitely better if the dogs don't carry any excess weight and even a few kilos make a lot of difference- so good luck with that. Is Previcox for arthritis, George went for arthritis in his elbow and losing just a couple of kilo (and he wasn't over weight) made such a difference, with YuMove Advance he stopped limping completely and his elbow was bone on bone! Also my sister's lab boy, Bramble had some liver problems at about 10 years old and the vets just kept an eye on him and he lived to 14 and a half.

I'm so pleased Bonnie's home and the other three and you can now keep a keen eye on her. I hope Bonnie and you have a peaceful night.
Joan and George x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Have been thinking about you today Liz and pleased to read your post, it must have been an anxious wait for you. The girls will be happier too now that Bonnie is home so hope you all have a nice quiet evening and Bonnie feels brighter tomorrow, :love2:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

So glad to read some positive news about Bonnie, Liz. I’m sure you’ll get some weight off her over time. Not the easiest of jobs keeping a Labrador’s figure like a model!!

You can relax now. :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So glad to read Bonnie is home and the results sound positive, hope Bonnie is feeling brighter today.

Good luck with the weight loss and please give your girls a :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: from us.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Was pleased to read that Bonnie was home, saw her snoozing by the fire on fb, glad the results are OK for now. Hopefully today after a good sleep she is feeling more herself.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Pleased that Bonnie is home and results are ok. Good thing about the liver it can repair itself so hopefully things will get better particularly if she can manage without the meds.

Jackie x
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

Dear Liz
So sorry i have just seen this please give bonnie a hug from me :love3: for you

anne
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys