Hello, I'm Lucy

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Hello, I'm Lucy

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Hello everyone, my name is Lucy and I've been in my new home for nearly 4 weeks now. My big brother's name is Merfyn and he's quite a :lol: lot bigger than me. But that doesn't mean anything! Oh no... I may look angelic, but I'm not. I love to play rough with Merfyn and when we're in the fields, we chase one another round like mad. Sometimes our play fights get a bit too much and my human, Sue, has to make us calm down.
Now, one of the things Merfyn and I really like is... RABBIT POO! And there's lots and lots of it in the fields. In fact, the rabbits are so kind, because they come into the garden and leave some there for us too. :rofl:

One of the very first things I did was go to see the vet lady Nikki. Boy was I excited. I was like a little whirlwind and met lots and lots of people there. I went on the big scales and they think I weigh about 22 to 23 kilos (but I didn't sit still for very long). Then I had my injections - well, that's what Nikki said - I was too busy finding all the treats that were on the floor. :1968:

I have to go back to see Nikki next week for some more injections and I think I will be getting weighed again, because Sue says she can see my ribs.

Now, when I first came home, I was scared to get in the car and Sue had to lift me in, but then I watched my big brother Merfyn and jumped in with him. I quite like going in the car because we have a little walk and then come home.

I'm quite a good girl when I go out for walks, but I get very very excited when I see people and other dogs (Merfyn doesn't like other dogs very much, so he gets a bit cross when he sees them, while I just want to go and say hello and jump up!) I'm learning that I shouldn't jump up, but it's sooo hard when I'm excited to see everyone :lol:

The other thing I'm having to learn is that I'm not allowed to bite - I think it's called mouthing, but Sue doesn't like me to do it, so she ignores me when I start. (I still like to do play bites on Merfyn though and I sneak them in whenever we play)

If I want some attention, I have a very good voice too.

There's one really disgusting thing that I do - I sometimes eat my own poo and if we're out walking and there's some nice poo that hasn't been picked up, I have a taste of that too. Sue's getting really good at running after me with the poo bag and she always tells me 'good girl' when I leave it alone and then I get a treat.

I also eat lots of funny stuff - lots of grass, dandelion flowers and dandelion clocks. I love going to our paddock and finding the part eaten apples to eat. When I first came, I ate an acorn because Merfyn had it and dropped it. Sue was very pleased when it passed through!

If I pick up something I shouldn't, I'm a bit naughty and won't put it down, so that's another lesson I need to learn. No wonder I get tired with all these new things

I'm learning lots of new things all the time. My brother has shown me how to jump on the furniture and on Sue's bed!

I've started to wag my tail a bit more now and I like to cuddle up with Sue when Merfyn lets me. Sometimes Merfyn and I cuddle up on the settee and Sue has to move :1968:
I get a bit worried when Sue goes out and usually wait by the door for a bit when she goes. Then I have a little sleep and it isn't too long till she's back.

So, that's just a little bit about me and my new life with Merfyn and Sue. Look out for photos of me on Facebook too.

Lots of love from Lucy :lol:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello, I'm Lucy

Post by kayj »

What a lovely update Lucy, can just imagine the picture of you out on your walks I'm sure you will get the hang of it soon.Many thanks to Merfyn and Sue for adopting you. :love3: :love3:

Wishing you all a long and Happy Life together. :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Oh Lucy I am quite exhausted by all that, I bet Sue gets exhausted too.
We are so thrilled that you ha e found such a wonderful home, got a brother and a very patient and understanding Sue!!
If I had not known better i thought maybe you had been talking to Polly about poo, all sounding very similar!!
Please keep us updated and I look forward to the next episode,
:bighug: :bighug: one for you and one for Merfyn and :drunken: for Sue.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

What a lovely update and so pleased that you and Mervyn get on well together, sounds like the two of you are going to have lots of fun as well as keeping Sue on her toes :rofl:

Look forward to hearing more from you both :bighug: :bighug:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thanks Lucy, I really enjoyed reading your post. :2379:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Well Lucy that made me smile, I think you have found a wonderful home with your mum and brother. Wishing
you all a long and happy life together. One thing though pleeeease try to stop "the disgusting habit" it's not very ladylike and your poor mum will be run ragged trying to bag it before you do :2008:

Looking forward to lots of photos of the you and Merfyn enjoying life :love6:
Joan and George x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh you lucky girl, you really have landed on your paws, got them under the table and sound like you're having a ball :rofl: :rofl:
Glad to her that you've been doing lots of learning.....keep up the good work :rofl: :rofl:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

Great news that you are settling with mum and your big brother keep up the good work

anne