I've been here for 6 weeks!

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

I've been here for 6 weeks!

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Hello everyone, Lucy here!
Just thought I'd tell you how I'm getting on in my forever home with Merfyn and Sue...
I've been learning lots of things, like trying not to jump up - but it's so hard when I'm excited. My feet and my bum just won't stay on the floor!
I'm getting better about not mouthing too, but it still happens sometimes, especially when I want to do something.
I'm learning lots of things from Merfyn and mostly they're quite naughty things...
I'm not afraid to get in the car any more and I just love having a morning cuddle with Sue and Merfyn on the bed.
It's great when Merfyn and I play together - we sometimes do it in the house and rush around like mad - of course, it drives Sue mad, but then we usually do something that makes her smile and we don't get in trouble (HEE, HEE, HEE!) But it's great when we go in the fields and run and jump and tumble one another over. I play VERY ROUGH with Merfyn and he seems to enjoy it. Sue tells him that he's a tease, but so am I.
I've got some bad habits, like picking up and eating stuff I shouldn't (rabbit poo is the favourite for me and Merfyn and there's still lots and lots every day) I quite like coal too.
I love it when Sue brushes the floor - well, she doesn't get much chance to brush, because I grab the brush. I like the tools on the Dyson too and it's specially funny when Sue tries to use them :rofl: :rofl:
I'm also very, very bossy!
Well, it's time for another play now that Merfyn's awake, so I'll sign off for now.
Lots of love from Lucy :lol:

Merfyn here now
And it's my turn to give you the lowdown on Lucy... and a little bit about how I'm getting on too
What a little horror she is, she's so bossy - she's noisy and cheeky and she makes me feel a bit jealous sometimes when she wants cuddles with Sue, so I push in between and get my share.
I love playing rough with her and we have good games in the field every day. We also play inside until Sue gets fed up and then she takes us outside again. I'm not very good at sharing the toys though. Lucy like tug of war games and she lets me pull her along the floor on her belly, so that's fun.
I like having Lucy here and we look out for one another. Sue says I've been on the 'Lucy diet', as since she's been here I've lost about a kilo and a half, which I needed to do.
Sometimes we push Sue off the settee and have it all to ourselves, but really we like her to be there with us (just need a bigger settee!)
Lucy copies things I do, like giving Sue big sloppy licks and jumping up and interrupting her when she's on the computer.

We managed to pull Sue over a couple of weeks ago and she had lots of big bruises... but she wasn't cross with us. This is what happened - we were just going back to the car after a long walk and we saw a man with Jack Russell coming towards us. Lucy tried to pull to the other dog to say hello and I tried to go to the other dog because I didn't like him. I jerked the lead out of Sue's hands and she fell. Our friend John came and got me away from the man and the dog - I was in disgrace, I know because Sue had her quiet cross voice. I don't know why I don't like other boy dogs and little yappy dogs, I just don't, especially when I'm on the lead.

I'm glad Lucy has come to live with me - she's special and I love her :love2:

Got to go now, need to go out, run around and play.
Love from Merfyn :bighug: :bighug:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: I've been here for 6 weeks!

Post by Glenys »

Pulling Mummy over is naughty so twentieth lines

I must make an effort :rofl:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Great update from Lucy and Merfyn :love6: it sounds like you are really getting on well and sorting out the pecking order. Poor Sue you two should be very careful when she's got you on lead, just think if she's out of action due to a tumble you won't have the same amount of walks until she recovers :2008: pleased to hear about the Lucy diet for you Merfyn, your mum could hire her out so other dogs can get themselves in trim :rofl: :rofl:

:bighug: to you both and these :love3: are for you Sue hope the bruises are fading
Joan and George x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely update from you Lucy and Merfyn. You sound a right pair of loveable rascals. It's great that you've been on the Lucy diet Merfyn, and just think, you'll be on that diet forever! Try to be a bit more responsible with your Mum. :bighug: Not very nice of you to pull her over after all the cuddles on the bed.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Sounds like Sue has her hands full........but that is life with Labradors isn't it! I have many a war story to tell from a Labrador incident over the years :rofl: I still bear the scars of a wound 13 years ago when Maggie ran at me full pelt at 6 months old and nearly broke my knee (felt like she did at the time), I am struggling at the moment with it as the weather is very cold.

Anyway the two of you sound like you have hit it off and Merfyn girls are always bossy thats just what they are like she will love you though :love2:

Jackie x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

:rofl: :rofl: Oh my, oh my, what a pair of cheeky monkeys you two are turning out to be!
Sounds like Mum has her hands full, good job that she's rewarded with cuddles,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart