Rescue update

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Rescue update

Post by Glenys »

A big thank you to all the lovely people who have supported us this year this can be in many ways but each appreciated and help us do the job.

The calendar,cards ,poem books tickets sales all went well this is a great time as we receive so many lovely photos,cards , updates and kind gifts we have four large beams in our living room each one is filled with cards some containing letters some from the dogs too :1972: and whilst we understand some people have decided to stop exchanging cards I cant tell you how much we enjoy receiving them the Beams hold all those ones and the family and friends on other parts of the room.
It makes Christmas special as each card gets read again after Christmas .

On a sad note Ruby the labrador aged 8 years was returned to us on the evening of Christmas eve through no fault of her own so we need a home for her so here are the dogs who spent Christmas here

Winnie 14 months a very shy girl I think she is learning that in general people are kind .

Nev gorgeous black boy aged five whose owner has ill health he has a great personality and though not lived in a home our experience is that they soon adapt.

Lincoln is a tall type labrador he is a gentle boy but being bitten by a dog he can sometimes be upset by strange dogs he is another young lad lived with children cats and rabbits

and dear old Ruby whose K9 sister went out very quickly but a wrong choice of home made it that she was rejected after a few hours she remains with us and loves people ok dogs she is 8 years old

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rescue update

Post by mcca »

oh my poor ruby
i am the terrible person who took bess home and i am sooooooo lucky with that little lady
as these girls came from the same home i cant see ruby not being trained nicely my bess has been of lead in safe places from day one and walks sedately on lead she has met lots of dogs and is very gentle she did tell 2 of the grand dogs of for being to overpowering but didnt use teeth and they are loving her now she shared the back of our car with a young springer she had just met and allowed him to run round her like an idiot without getting upset i am a pensioner and live alone so no kids running around like loonies and my grandchildren are all trained nicely so maybe thats what bess likes she found her bark today when the repairman came but she only told me he was there wasnt chasing him away tim mkf rescue and grand dog is staying for 3 days and they are happy to be together slept in the lounge together last night i left bess in the kitchen for the first 2 nights just in case but she is clean doesnt jump up and hasnt chewed the one thing i am working on we have no grass in our back garden just gravel and bark bess has waited till i took her out on grass before toileting but this morning she had a pee in the garden possibly cos tim did i hope this is a breakthrough as i prefer not to go out at night so i can take my hospital boots of not easy to get back on if feet swell
i know this is a long post but i hope it will help anyone looking for a companion to understand what a fine friend ruby will make bess and tim will have to spend time together because of family commitments my son and i are totally happy with this arrangement and it seems to be working well perhaps ruby would make a companion to another dog

anne and bess
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Good luck to all the fur babies looking for new families, your forever homes are around the corner. :love2:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Bold Barney
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bold Barney »

Lovely update mcca on Bess. So hope her sister Ruby finds a beautiful forever home soon ❤️
Julia, Bold Barney and Bouncy Bessy
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Wishing all these lovely fur babies find their forever home soon :love2:

Lovely to hear that Bess has landed on all four paws with you Anne, wishing you lots of many happy times together :1972:

Love Amanda, Jim & Fynley xxx
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Anne and Bess lots and lots of luck and great times together, Bess you are in for a treat living with Anne.
Hope you got my mail Anne I have a new address.
Love to you both
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly xx
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

oh liz
we are in a pickle i have a new email address as well as malcolms old one stopped working when i changed the records
i sent you an email giving you the new one and i bet you did the same to me i havnt received anything and i bet you havnt either
not sure how to get round this perhaps we can meet up again when the weather improves we have snow so i reckon you will have inches

anne and bess
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Anne I will pm you with my new e mail then you can get in touch
Waiting for news on Polly
Love Liz x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Well done Bess on finding her five star home :bravo:

I'm so pleased you have a nice new companion Anne - Bess will bring you a lot of joy, I'm sure.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Anne and Bess I have sent you a pm
Love Liz x
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

sorry liz it hasnt worked it will have gone to malcolms old email as that is whats on file and i dont know how to change it to the new one

anne and bess
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

cancel that i didnt get the email notification but i have the message will now send an email to you we are on the way

anne and bess