The Adventures of Sally and Mason - now with pics added

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

The Adventures of Sally and Mason - now with pics added

Post by Melliott »

Hello everyone,

Me and Mason and Mummy and Daddy hope you have had a lovely Christmas.

I decided that I thought you would like to read an update on mine and Mason's adventures over the last 12 weeks. so sit back, grab a glass of something delicious and I hope you enjoy the read....

Well me and Mason have been up to loads of stuff. Shortly after he arrived we went to see Brian our Vet, I needed my booster jabs and a skin check up and Mason needed to have his first jabs as he didn't have any records when he came to us. Well everyone in the vets loved him and he went into see Brian swinging his hips, he is a smoothie you know! Well I had my check up and Brian looked at Mason, he said he was the best chocolate Labradoras he had ever seen and Mason thought that was an excuse to wag his tail until it almost fell off. Then we had our jabs and we had to have that squirty thing up our nostrils - not that we go in kennels - but we can still catch the horrible cough from other dogs so we like to be prepared. I was a good girl and Brian said he needed to borrow me to make a training video of how to give the vaccine as I never moved my head, mummy didn't even have to hold me, then it was Mason's turn. I held me breath. wanted to laugh....as I knew what was coming, but goody two shoes just sat there, never moved, me thinks he copied me!! Mummy and Daddy also had a talk with Brian about Mason losing something in the New Year, Mason looked at me wide eyed and I grinned, I think I know whats on the cards he he!!

Not long after the vet visit we went on holiday in our caravan. Now those of you who know us will know we keep our caravan in Norfolk in the summer months so that we can use it to its full potential (mummy said so!). But in the Winter we sometimes go away so off we went to North Yorkshire. I never thought Mason would be so good but again he proved me wrong....when we got there we sat in the car while Mummy and Daddy got set up and Mummy got her wine in the fridge....most important apparently. Mason took it all in his stride and soon was cosied up next to Mummy and I was with Daddy. We went into the village via the woods and Mason jumped in the stream, I told him not to (actually it was my fault cos I wanted to go in so I jumped and got giddy and Mason went first and I followed) LOL!! We went into the pub for a tipple and Mason and Me got some treats from Mummy and from a Mister who took a liking to us....well who can blame him?? We were really good and Mason didn't even chase the ducks at the pond, this is good news as in Norfolk we are next to a lake ....could have been tricky!

We walked around Whitby the following day, lots of people but we were good and Mason didn't even try to eat chips off the floor. He did really well, even if I say so meself, he is a good boy, think I need to stop trying to get him into trouble.

When we came back from hols Mason had some training, mainly the coming back thingy when he sees people or another dog, cos he gets over enthusiastic and as he is a big choccie boy it can be a bit much when he comes charging at ya. We discovered, much to my liking, that the best way around this was treats........yummy yummy....twas fantastic as I get a treat too, but now have to go back on my diet!! Mason is sometimes deaf but he is getting there and Mummy and Daddy say he is a clever boy.

Mason likes jumping in puddles, his speciality is mud, glorious mud, but I think he does it on purpose as when we get back from our walks Mummy washes us - don't worry folks - we have a mixer tap outside so only warm water for us - and Mason's favourite bit is being rubbed with the towel, sometimes he just lays there and won't get up till Mummy rubs him some more.

We have also been away in a cottage for our Daddy's birthday, we went on the beach every morning and our cottage also had a view of the harbour so me and Mason could safely watch the sea and birds while Mummy cooked our dinner (yes Aunty Glenys - we still have cod loin even when we are on holiday!)

I am so happy with my new bruvver, I love him so much, I love playing with him, he is so gentle (it's me who is ruff - and I have ruff paws too!). We have such fun together, and in the spring we are going to go to my hydro place where me and Barney used to go - so we can watch and see if Mason likes proper swimming and not just puddles and streams - and then we know he will be OK when we go to Norfolk as we go to the beach every other weekend and we want him to enjoy himself - be hard not to really LOL!!

Mason is the bestest, Mummy and Daddy said he has brought so much laughter and joy into our lives, we miss Barney everyday but we truly believe he chose to bring Mason into our world. Barney would have loved Mason just like we all do.

I am trying to teach Mason to type and use the computer so maybe next time he will tell you a story, although me being a girlie I will still have to have my say a little bit!!

Thank you everyone for reading, Me, Mason, Mummy and Daddy wish you a really Happy New Year, and hope all your wishes come true.

Lots of Love

Sally, and not forgetting me Mason XX

PS will try to post some pics too

Think I got the hang of this picture thingy

Me and Mason

Mason

and Me

Hope you like these - love Sally - oh and Mason too!!
Last edited by Melliott on 01 Jan 2018, 21:10, edited 3 times in total.
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Re: The Adventures of Sally and Mason

Post by LabLover »

Aww my gorgeous Sally,

Your post is wonderful and so glad you and Mason are a perfect match but knew it was a match meant to be ( ask mummy about it) as know how much your mummy missed her beloved Barney and still does and know how much you wanted a new bruv to make your mummy & daddies life a family again.

Keep us updated Sally as you and Mason are so lucky to have a wonderful home and life and look forward to some pics.

Fynley sends you both a :bighug:

And not forgetting your mummy and daddy :bighug:

Love Amanda, Jim & Fynley xxx
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Well, that's the first post I have read in the new year.

It was absolutely fabulous and I was smiling all the way through.

Please keep your stories coming Sally about your adventures with Mason and have a wonderful, fun filled 2018. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

A wonderful post thank you xx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

What a lovely update Sally, it sounds like you and Mason are a perfect match - I think Mum is right and Barney had a paw in that!
:s19:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Sally and Mason, a very Happy New Year to you.
I felt quite exhausted trying to keep up with you, wow what a lifestyle you have. I hope you have a great year and when Mason gets the hang of things on his I pad he can tell us the next episode!!
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :bighug:
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

well done sally so glad you have enjoyed your holidays
i am hoping to get away with bess

anne and bess
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

This is Mason chilled out, if it works!
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Re: The Adventures of Sally and Mason - now with pics added

Post by LabLover »

Lovely pics of your babies :love6:

Lots of love Amanda, Jim & Fynley xxx
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

LabLover wrote:Lovely pics of your babies :love6:

Lots of love Amanda, Jim & Fynley xxx
Thank you we are so pleased you liked our pictures, Mummy has been practicing how to post them yesterday, so all sorted now :1951: :1951:

Lots of love and licks to Fynley too :love2: :love2:

Sally and Mason XX
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Another lovely post and update! I am so pleased Sally and Mason are getting on so well they have been very busy too! Lovely photos of two gorogeous dogs :love2:

Happy New Year to you all!

Jackie x
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

They really are stunning. Love the expressions on their faces in the first pic. How old is Mason? He still has a puppy look to him! Their life sounds dreamy too, playing on beaches and cod for tea sounds like a perfect lab life! X
Emma
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Emma T wrote:They really are stunning. Love the expressions on their faces in the first pic. How old is Mason? He still has a puppy look to him! Their life sounds dreamy too, playing on beaches and cod for tea sounds like a perfect lab life! X
Hiya Emma,

Mason was 4 in November. He is so puppyish in that he is all legs and bouncy and he really loves life but also so chilled too and a clever boy. Sally is 7 and she acts like Mason is her puppy, she seems to have got a new lease of life since he arrived. He has definitely brought lots of love and laughter into our lives again after losing Barney in August. Mason is our first chocolate lab and we love him so very much.

Thank you for liking their pictures - hope all is well with you?

Love Michelle X