Happy 8th Birthday Poppy - photos added

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Happy 8th Birthday Poppy - photos added

Post by Emma T »

Hello

I'm so sorry I haven't been on this lovely site for ages! Our Poppy is 8 today! It's eight years since the first of the Christmas pups were born, time really does fly. I do hope her mum Grayse, brother George and her other siblings are all well too.

Poppy is as zesty and wilful as ever, she still zooms around like a wild girl on her meadow, albeit with a grey muzzle now! I can't believe she is 8, our beloved girl. Handsome Dexy is 4 next week and it will be three years the same day since our hugely missed Barney died. I still think of him everyday.

Dexy has sadly been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in his right shoulder. I'm going to post separately about that as would love any of your views and opinions on treatment, particularly stem cell. We want to give our gorgeous lad the best chance we can and minimise pain.

Glenys has very kindly said when she has a moment (and she's such a busy lady I imagine there's not many!) she will post some photos for me as I cannot get Photobucket to work.

Dexy is in the hat (when we were camping) and it's Poppy on the beach.

Happy Birthday Miss Poppy! :2808:

Emma xxx
Last edited by Emma T on 04 Jan 2018, 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
Emma
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Happy 8th Birthday Poppy

Post by Melliott »

Happy Birthday Poppy, I cannot believe how time flies, I remember when your mummy got you, one of the Christmas puppies, - blimey 8 years ago!!

We remember your brother Barney with such fondness and we know how loved he was and also when Dexy arrived into your lives too - we are sorry he hasn't been well, but we know your Mummy and Daddy will do everything they can to help him.

Emma if you want to send me the pictures I can post them for you if Glenys is busy ( I know it is a busy time for rescue) - pm me your e mail and I will e mail you back.

In the meantime enjoy your birthday Miss Poppy

Love and hugs

Michelle X

:2808:
Last edited by Melliott on 04 Jan 2018, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Wow, where as the time gone :2090:

:2799: Happy Birthday Miss Poppy :2799:

Hope you enjoyed your day and by the sounds of it your still a little but beautiful minx :love2:

Emma so sorry to read about Dexy and hope people on here will be able to help but we have no experience of stem cell, although have heard people on the forum mention it so feel sure you will get some good advice. Like us with our boys you will always think about Barney and miss him and think about him everyday, that's because he was loved.

Love
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hi Emma. How lovely to hear from you :love3: I just can't believe it's 8 years since the Christmas pups were born what a rescue that was :1951: I remember so well your posts on Poppy's antics and it's great to hear that she's still as independent as ever - she came into your lives as quite a shock as your beloved Barney was calm and easy going :rofl: We often look at photos and remember that HOT Fun Day and sharing the wet towels it was such fun.

Sorry to hear about the very handsome Dexy, they can do so much more now about this condition so it will be interesting to read the advice you get on this.

Photobucket and our computer don't get on at all either so I look forward to seeing your photos soon.
:2808: Poppy
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

:2808: Miss Poppy xx
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Thank you Glenys for adding pics xx and thanks Michelle for your offer x
Emma
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Happy 8th Birthday Poppy - photos added

Post by Liz5353 »

MISS POPPY
Have a lovely lovely day :2799: :2799:
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Lovely photos of your fur babies.

Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday to Miss Poppy and early birthday wishes for Dexy.

Jane and Lily
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

:2808: Poppy

anne and bess
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

:1972: A very happy 8th birthday Poppy!
Beautiful photos of Poppy and Dexy, good looking pair that they are!

Lovely to read your catch-up, it doesn't seem 3 years since your loss of Barney, I remember he was a very special and very brave boy, always safe in your heart :love2:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart