A happy day for Dexter

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

A happy day for Dexter

Post by Glenys »

Dexter has grown very slowly in confidence over the weeks learned to trust today he found his forever home tears of happiness here from us all and his best freind kennel Sam put him in the car with a new sister also a MKF rescue dog from 9 years ago off to his lovely new life

Be happy Dexter you touched all our hearts xxx

Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: A happy day for Dexter

Post by Liz5353 »

I am so thrilled for Dexter, thank you so much to whoever has given him a forever home
A very special thank you to all involved with the huge rescue and finding homes for these beautiful boys and girls, I know there are more but what a fantastic job so far
.Be Happy Dexter.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

This brought a tear to my eyes as so happy to read that Dexter has come on so much in such a short time and has now found his forever home.

Thank you to everyone involved in this Big Rescue and for helping these boys and girls to learn to trust again.

Wishing you and your new family Dexter many happy and fun filled years together :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

:1972: :1972: Congratulations Dexter on being so brave, choosing your new people and gaining a sister :1972: :1972:
Thank-you to the team for helping this boy and his friends on the way to lovely new lives and to his new people for finding room in their hearts and home,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

I’m sure no-one will mind me copying this over from Facebook, as posted by his Foster Mum....I’ll see if I can find a few other updates on him, as they have been regular. They may be a bit mixed up, but you get the idea!!! He’s doing rather well. :love2:

Dexter update
well he was really good yesteday he is settling down ,been a bit further on our walk today so i am really pleased ,he is getting used to people a bit more john thought it would be a good idea to let him sleep upstairs with Bonnie last night so i took his bed up put it next to Bonnnies but no dexter had other ideas so he jumped on our bed snuggled up to me and went to sleep god he cant half snore,he also nicked the washing up sponge from the sink and came running in look, what i have found and started throwing it up in the air ,and this morning he took my slippers ,one on the bed and the other in another room no chewing though he has a great character we cannot believe he has come so far in such a short time,he is a lovely lad and he let me groom him yesteday which he enjoyed.

update on dexter day 3
Dexter is doing really well he loves having his lead on and we got even further on our walk this morning he is getting used to people walking their dogs outside so he is getting a little more sociable ,think he has a shoe fetish he keeps taking them and bringing them downstairs one at a time he is also starting to play a little with toys which is lovely and everyone thinks he is cute ,he still cannot get used to the fact that no one is going to pinch his food and keeps looking round all the time but i am sure we will get over that one but all in all he is doing really well and each day gets better all it takes is time and patience and he is fast asleep next to bonnie on the couch ,think i have lost my seat lol.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Marge
Thank you so much for the updates on lovely Dexter, and what a lucky boy not only a new Dad and Mum but I lovely sister also.
A new adventure every day.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :bighug:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

And here’s today’s...

Dexter update day 4
We made a real breakthrough on the walkies front last night john came up with the idea that if he walked in front of me to see if dexter would follow him ,that worked so he walked all the way round our village met lots of people and dogs ,he was so well behaved. He did the same this morning so very pleased with him, he has started getting toys out and he and Bonnie were playing again this morning, he is not as manic as he was, now been wormed and fleaed so i reckon another week or so and we should be able to get him to the vets to be checked over,really chuffed with his progress so far just need to get him house trained now as i have got puppy pads everywhere.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

It's lovely to hear how Dexter is getting along and I hope soon his Mum will have to use puppy pads less and less. Have "been there" recently - not fun.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma