Dexter update and Honey

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Dexter update and Honey

Post by Glenys »

Dexter update
Dexter the terrified boy who didn’t trust who looked so sad eventually met his new Dad and Mum John and Anne he quickly learned they had no intention of leaving without him he pretty quickly trusted them they even got a kiss and then set off for his new forever home :

Update

Today dexter had his bath ,he was so good, john put him in the bath and he just let us shampoo him.He still has issues when we are out ,he will not walk passed the bus stop if there are lots of people and he does not like people with hoodies he gets quite scared bless him,but he loves a cuddle and is so well behaved ,he is a darling ,had our first day with no accidents so that is good, cannot believe we have come this far so soon he his doing really well i think he has it in him to make a good well balanced dog it just takes a little time.

Honey in Foster with Gillian who has done wonders with her allowing her to have no pressure just reassurance all the way

Honey update Today not only did we cross the road we went down to the farmyard opposite, she was a bit scared of the sheep when she first saw them but fine coming back. So confident she has walked in front of Hugs and nearly went straight past the front door. She has very long dew claws and the left one was rough at the end, she hasn't been keen on me holding her feet but today I have cut both dew claws and cleaned her ears I am so proud of her, she is still nervous about some things but indoors she is a really bouncy, just time to get used to other people and dogs plus all the outdoor sights and smells but I think she has proved she can do it x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Dexter update and Honey

Post by 12_paws »

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly this lovely breed make progress when they receive the right love and care - really does make you well up when you read such promising updates.
Again, thank-you everyone,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart