BIG rescue updates

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

BIG rescue updates

Post by Glenys »

These two were two of the many traumatized dogs so lovely to see excellent progress ...........

Dexter

Dexter update
Today Dexter went to the pub with John he was very well behaved so we are really proud of him ,after the bowl incident the other day yesterday he brought his lead to me to go walkies which he loves ,he is a bit of a tea leaf so we have to put everything out of reach but he has a lovely character in spite of that he is snuggled up under the table with his head on my foot as i am writing this we love him to bits, still a bit wary with lots of people around but we are getting there it is just a matter of trust on his part.and our old girl Sheba is letting him lie on the couch with her and that is a first ,he is settling in well and is getting really calm around the house just need to get the outside sorted but we will get there with him.

Honey

Honey update, today we went to the vet, specially booked today as my wonderful vet John Sedgwick doesn't work today so Honey could see a female vet.
Many thanks to Laura for all her time and patience, getting down to floor level and letting Hugs lick her and climb on her until Honey felt jealous enough to want some attention. Good news is no skin infection so antibiotics and steroids not needed just carry on with the organic aloe vera. Things were going so well Laura was happy to vaccinate Honey, we finished we me holding her muzzle and a very neat and quick manoeuvre by Laura meant she got her kennel cough as well. There is no car park to this small branch of my vets which meant parking on the main road outside, Hugs and Honey shared a big crate as I wanted to be sure Honey couldn't dive out when I opened the door. She put her front paws up to the van and let me lift her. Tomorrow she is going to my dog trainer to play with Hugs and Peppa and hopefully make friends with Mel.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: BIG rescue updates

Post by Liz5353 »

Wow wow wow, I am so delighted to read both updates, please give yourselves a big pat on the back, amazing.
Lots and lots of luck to you both and your beautiful new dogs .
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :bighug:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So good to read these updates. These dogs are progressing so well it's heartwarming :1972:
Joan and George x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

I take my hat of to you all.

I dread to think what might have happened if MKF and the team hadn't stepped in. Not only did they step up to the mark, they surpassed it.

:bravo:

and a :bighug: to all you adopters out there who have taken these dogs to their hearts. Not forgetting the fosterers. :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JacksDad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JacksDad »

Marvellous news !
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Yes, it is fabulous to read how well these dogs are getting along. It's really heartwarming. It must be very uplifting for those involved after all the hard work, organising, upset etc to see how well they are doing. They seem to have come on in leaps and bounds in some ways Douma has been here two and a half years now and in some ways and at some times she is still scared, even of me, other times she insists on sitting on top of me.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Two wonderful updates and amazing how far Dexter and Honey have come on in such a short space of time :1972:

Thanks to all concerned involved in the big rescue and also to the people who have given these beautiful dogs a home :love3:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Labrador3 »

Well done to all concerned. You do such wonderful work at MKF.
Best wishes. :bravo:
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Two more lovely and very promising updates on Dexter and Honey. Great to read.
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart