Lily feeling very sorry for herself - FINALLY CONE FREE!!

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lily feeling very sorry for herself - Updated 22nd May

Post by jackie »

Aw poor Lily, I am sure your vet is aware of this but we were given drops of serum (acquired from the patient's own blood). Serum contains growth stimulators to increase healing and protease inhibitors to prevent collagen breakdown, worked a treat with the antibiotics for Bella.

Sending healing thoughts and hugs for lovely Lily.

Jackie x
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lily feeling very sorry for herself - Updated 22nd May

Post by Jane267 »

Just been for Lily’s check up. The ulcer on her eye is not healing so have to take her back tomorrow morning and they are going to stitch her third eyelid shut. This will provide a warm compress to her eyeball to allow healing to take place with no chance of eyelashes or any dust or anything else from rubbing it.

It's so hard as my poor baby has been through so much!

Jane and Lily
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lily feeling very sorry for herself - Updated 25th May

Post by jackie »

Aw bless her she has been through so much I hope they get things sorted for her.

Jackie x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Wishing Lily a speedy recovery from her latest eye problem. She's been a very brave girl this month.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Lily came home from vets about 2pm and chose to sunbathe in the garden whilst anesthetic wore off - so I covered her with her cooling coat so that she didn't overheat. She came to about 3.30 and had some salmon and rice to eat. Tried wimpering for my attention, but is now curled up and sleeping again.

Here are some photos of my poorly pirate!

We are back at vets on Tuesday for check up. Hopefully stitch can be removed in 10-14 days time.

Jane and Lily
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lily feeling very sorry for herself - Updated 26th with

Post by broadhorizons29 »

Bless you lovely girlie. I am praying that you have a great life after these problems are solved. Thank God for NW Rescue. Xx

Lin and Oscardude
Xx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Just got back from holiday and was so sorry to see Lily's eye is still no better - poor girl we all know how painful eye problems can be. I really hope this procedure will help to heal her eye quickly. What a long process it's been - sending dear Lily lots more positive and healing thoughts x
Joan and George x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Just to say am hoping that by now Lily's eye has improved. Poor girl has been going through the wars and must have felt qui9te miserable.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Back to vets this morning for check up. All seems to be good. So hopefully the stitch can come out on Friday and we can once again be cone free!

Jane and Lily
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lily feeling very sorry for herself - Updated 29th May

Post by JoanG »

Pleased to hear this Jane. Let's hope poor Lily will be cone free after Friday she must be absolutely sick of wearing it. Sending her more healing thoughts it's time her eye healed so she can hopefully enjoy the warmer weather without the dreaded cone x
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Jane and Lily, sorry we are a little out of touch.
Oh poor you Lily, we send you lots and lots of healing thoughts and good wishes, get well soon Gorgeous Girl.
:bighug: from us.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

What a tough time you and Lily have been having. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well on Friday and she can get back to normal without the cone.

:bighug:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

This morning Lily's stitch ripped through her inner eye-lid at one end leaving it diagonally shut across her eye. Rang the vet, took her in , and stitch now removed. Good News is that the eye ball appears to have fully healed. We go back on Monday morning for a final check. We are gradually removing cone - on when I'm out and off when I'm in and supervising - just to make sure that she doesn't scratch and set it off again.
Inner eyelid doesn't appear to be fully opening, but then I guess it's bruised having had a stitch rip through the edge of it! Hopefully we get the full all clear on Monday and life can go back to normal.

Thank You to everyone for your love and kind messages.

Jane and Lily
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lily feeling very sorry for herself - Updated 31st May

Post by JoanG »

Oh my goodness, poor Lily that sounds painful, although it's good news about the eye ball. Let's hope the inner eye-lid heals quickly and opens up properly too I think you'll be pleased to finish visiting the vets so frequently, let alone how happy Lily will be to be completely back to normal.

Sending big hugs to brave Lily she won't be sorry to see the back of that horrible cone :lol:
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lily feeling very sorry for herself - Updated 31st May

Post by Liz5353 »

Lily we are thinking about you and hope today that all is well, no more trips to the vets or wearing the dreaded cone.
:bighug: from us
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2: