Prayers for Maggie

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Prayers for Maggie

Post by Glenys »

Maggie ( who was Coffy )f rom the BIG rescue was taken ill this week Her Adopter Sheena had used her own Vet sadly Maggie was slowly going down hill and Sheena was in despair so Maggie was immediately transferred to the care and seen by Our Vets in Chorley immediately we knew she was in real danger Masses of infection and very poorly our Vets prepared very quickly to operate she is not out of the woods yet but we are all praying here is transcript which was on our face book page for those not on there :

From Glenys
Just spoke to the Vet Maggie will undergo surgery in approx 30 minutes
She’s very poorly but i spoke to Sheena we both agree that we need to give her this chance
She was in that “big rescue “we saved her once just pray we can save her again please pray for Maggie and Sheena Xxx
If she makes it through the operation she will be in intensive care for around three days
Come on sweet Maggie ….

Ten thirty last night:
Maggie made it through the op!!!!!!!! Absolute miracle. Not out of the woods yet though, the next 48 hrs are critical. Thank you soooooo much Glenys Fryer and all of you xxxx

From Sheena This moring:
Morning everyone , i just spoke to the vet Nicola, she said Maggie’s temp has come up, heart rate has come down, the blood results aren’t back yet so we don’t know how her liver is. She isn’t eating yet but she’s much brighter. She’s had a mooch about and sniff around. The vet asked if she likes to wee anywhere particular because they’re following her around but she hasn’t done anything yet, sorry but it made me laugh, our Maggie won’t go toilet if you can see her. She’s very private. She has to be facing a wall or tree with her nose in the air and if she sees you looking she stops lol when we are out walking and she’s selecting a spot we have to turn our backs then David peeps over his shoulder. We are so weird.
They are giving her antibiotics and fluids but is no where near out of the woods (Nicola’s words) she just asked if there is any particular food she likes. I said she will eat anything, cheese especially. We are going over this afternoon at 4pm for a visit.
My little munchkin has walked about, I can’t believe it, I had all but given up yesterday, Glenys advice was to give her a chance. So very glad we did………

After this thread went out we quickly received donations almost five hundred pounds received by midnight last night we are so very grateful for the kindness shown please keep Maggie in your thoughts’

Glenys and Team at Rescue
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Prayers for Maggie

Post by Jane267 »

Aw bless her. Paws all crossed here!

Jane and Lily
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

All crossed here too. Positive thoughts and prayers that this little girl pulls through.

Thanks again for caring.

Just a small donation from us.

Come on Maggie, you can do it. x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Buckets of positive and healing thoughts going to Maggie from me I know everyone on this site is rooting for her. What a fantastic response from everyone towards the vet bills too.

Come on Maggie - keep fighting, we need you to start eating sweetheart :love2:
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Praying for you beautiful Maggie,we send you our love.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Sending love and buckets full of positive healing thoughts and prayers for Maggie and thinking of her family at this time

Come on Maggie you can beat this :love2:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts and keeping everything crossed Maggie pulls through :bighug:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Good Improvement today she can now wee which is wonderful.
Maggie was dangerously ill when she went to our vets they have what they said " thrown everything at her " to save her life and we need to still keep all crossed a way to go yet but going in the right direction .

Thank you to all who have donated and wished her well xx

Glenys and Team here at rescue xx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Come on Maggie we are all with you , lots of positive thoughts and wishes coming your way.
Much love
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Thinking of Maggie and her new family and sending buckets of positive healing thoughts for a steady recovery. :bighug:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Sending tons of positive healing thought to Maggie.

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador