Gorgeous George

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Gorgeous George

Post by JoanG »

9 years ago today we travelled up to MKF and we were lucky enough to adopt our Gorgeous George , he was 10 months old and weighed 39 kg of bendy muscle :rofl: When we got home (3hr drive) my daughter came in from work and could not believe how big he was. She said "Mum you said we were getting a puppy!" The fact was he was 4kg heavier than my old lab when he died at 12 yrs.

Who knew he would turn out to be our dog in a million. Even though he died aged only 8yrs we have so many happy memories, even the deer chasing :2008: episodes make us laugh . He was a gentle giant who we all miss even now.

Hope you're still chasing those deer lovely boy :love2:
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Gorgeous George

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Joan that was so nice to read about your Gorgeous George, time goes so quickly, 9 years ago.
Thinking of you and your boy of course, I do think of him when I see deer as I did the other morning 4 of them
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hi Liz yes time certainly does fly by, it's the milestone memories that make you aware just how fast it goes. I was looking through photos of George this morning and I have some lovely ones of him when you sent me something through the post and included a rawhide treat for George from your girls. He's sitting really patiently staring at the chew and you can clearly see the names of all your girls on the packaging. It really made me smile it was such a lovely gesture from you.

Hope you and all your girls are well x
Joan and George x
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Hi Joan

I never met Gorgeous George, but I certainly felt like I knew him, used to love reading of all his antics. Thank You for sharing him with us. So pleased that your photos are able to bring back those precious memories as you remember him today.

Love Jane and Lily
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Thinking of you Joan as you remember your special boy George and have a little smile at his antics.
For you :love3:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Thinking of you as you remember your Gorgeous George and glad he left you with lots of special memories, I can fully relate to when you say your dog in a million :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Thinking of you Joan as you remember your special boy & I had the pleasure of meeting him too at fundays over the years. He was indeed gorgeous

Ann xx
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Thinking of you Joan, know how special he was to you. I am sure he is having he time of his life over that bridge.

Jackie x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Thinking of you Joan and your lovely handsome one-in-a-million boy.
xx
Jackie