Goodbye Bobbles

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Goodbye Bobbles

Post by jackiem »

This morning we had to say goodbye to our lovely boy.
My heart is breaking but it was the kindest thing we could do for him.
Jackie
Aileen

Re: Goodbye Bobbles

Post by Aileen »

Oh, Jackie, I’m so sorry to read this. Bob was such a character and I loved reading about his antics. I know how devastated you will be, but you made the right decision. It’s the last kind thing we can do for our beloved pets.Had to do it twice last year, myself. Sending love and hugs to Malc and you. Run free, darling Bob. xxx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Dear Jackie,

So very sorry to read of your loss of Bob alias Bobbles.My thoughts are with you ,Malc and Family. :love3:

Loved reading your stories about him,he was a lovely boy ,had the pleasure of meeting him at funday when he went rolling in the mud.

Run free at the bridge Bob. :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

So very sorry to read your post Jackie, you must feel devastated at saying goodbye to your beloved Bob.
I remember you once said that Hurricane Bob suited him as that's what you thought you had brought home and he certainly seemed to have a memorable personality judging by the antics you have shared with us all. So many special memories to hold dear.
Sleep tight boy :love2:
Thinking of you and your family ,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Really sorry to read your post about your dear Bob. He was such a character and all the Forum users loved to read about his antics, your posts made us laugh on so many occasions. I remember you adopting him and the impact he made when he first arrived. Your family helped him to become the wonderful dog he was and you've made this heart breaking decision out of love for your boy.

Run free dear Bobbles x
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Jackie we are so very sorry to read of your loss, Bob sounded a great character and his antics made lots of us laugh.
Thinking of you at the very sad and difficult time.
Night Night dear Bob.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Thank you. We miss him dreadfully. :cry3:
Malc is now retired so he is really missing his daytime pal following him around the garden.
I know it will get easier over time and we know where to come when we are ready for our next furry friend but it has to be said that Bob will be a hard act to follow.
They all have their own personalities but Bob was really special to us.
No pressure new furry friend wherever you are at the moment. :2379:
Jackie
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Night night Bobbles soon be causing havoc where the good doggies go no pain a puppy again xxx

Over the rainbow xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So sorry Jackie it is very hard I lost Maggie in January still comletely heartbroken I have Bella of course who has really helped me get through these dark months.
Thinking of you all.

Run free at the bridge Bob sweetheart.

Jackie x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Oh Jackie what can I say my heart is breaking for you :cry3: :cry3: I. You just expect them to be with you forever don't you. I remember reading your posts about the full of fun boy who was driven by pinching food at every opportunity. I've lost my daughters darling girl Jess this year so I know how you're feeling. Thinking of both you & Malc & sending :bighug: s your way.

Run free at the bridge dear Bobbles, stay young & string

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. They really do help.
Bob is helping too. Up popped a facebook memory from several years ago which made me smile.
Apparently I was on my hands and knees picking up a magazine which Bob had shredded and along he came with his giant bone and dropped it on my head.
These memories will keep popping up on facebook so he will continue to make us smile. (Though that particular incident probably hurt at the time!)
Jackie
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

So sorry to see this Jackie, he was a lovely Lab your Bob
Sadly missed :cry3:
JennyC
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Re: Goodbye Bobbles - and where we are now

Post by JennyC »

So sorry, Jackie, it brings tears to my eyes as we can empathize only too well having lost our beloved Alfie and Bailey within 3 weeks of each other last Dec/Jan. Our dogs are so much part of our lives and every one irreplaceable but can I share where we are now? It was at least 3 months before we felt ready to start again with a new Lab but on 20th May we went to MKF to see Glenys and came home with Barney. It was not until we were home that I realized again how important having a Lab in our home had been - Barney is our 9th!
Barney was very good in many ways right from the first day. He is now good on the lead - just pulls if there is an irresistible smell - any suggestions on how to stop that? He is off-lead a lot of the time and mostly comes when called - unless it's one of those smells!
We had to be away for 3 days last week, another family funeral in Kent - a long way from Cumbria! - and Barney went where Alfie and Bailey always went, a couple who have up to 10 dogs sharing the doggie lounge and garden; he was very well behaved and is already a favourite with them!

I've gone on a bit but I hope you find it helpful to look to the future and consider a new friend - when you feel ready. Time to grieve is important.

With love,
Jenny
Jenny, Alfie and Bailey (and Dad!)

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Hi Jenny
I was leaving it for a few weeks but then along came Sam on the "dogs for rehoming" section and I fell for him hook line and sinker.
Bob was my fifth Lab over a period of around 41 years so I knew what the only prescription was for my sadness.
I had four requirements:
No dog until around 31 July
No older than 2
Good on lead
Smaller than Bob
I failed on every one having seen his photo.
There are a couple of threads on the website for updates.
Sam is so very different from Bob and Bob will forever be in our hearts but Sam is filling our lives with smiles. I still have tears from time to time as Bob was my little mate and I miss him so much but it is very hard to be sad for long with bouncy, long-legged, gorgeous Sam around.
Jackie
JennyC
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by JennyC »

Yes, I saw the other threads after my reply. So pleased you have found a friend in Sam. Hubby has just taken Barney out for his late walk - called him Alfie by mistake as they got ready! I think that will always be! But Barney is doing his best for us.
Jx
Jenny, Alfie and Bailey (and Dad!)