Lets get back on track

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Lets get back on track

Post by Glenys »

This site forum is too quiet we need to get back to how we used to be so lets have everyone with their new arrivals or updates on the rescue dogs if you need pics putting on I'm happy to help .
Face book is popular but its this site that finds homes and guides people to our rescue and is full of history of our rescue of which we are all a part .
Also welcome dog friendly Holidays
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Lets get back on track

Post by Patmar »

Felt I had to reply to this Glenys as I am so guilty of just reading and meaning to reply and just not getting round to it. It’s so easy on Facebook but you are so right that this is where it all happens and where many lives are changed. Also there is a special closeness (not sure if that us the right expression but you know what I mean) with members on here. We don’t just care for our own beloved dogs but also for others. We have all been through sad times and hard times but there is always someone on here to help or send loving thoughts.

Sending thanks and :love3: for all you do

With love

Pat Zach Jake and Yogi
x x x x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Well said Pat.
I just love to read posts and keep up on the site .
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you missed a day on this site, it took you two days to catch up. I sorely miss those days.

Come on everybody, I know fb is easy, I don't particularly like it but, I love this community on here. Let's get it back.

Pretend it's the world cup coming home. :1967:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Guilty as charged though I have recently started posting again.

Will try harder!
xx
Jackie
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Afraid I'm guilty too Glenys. Definitely must try harder - I do look at the posts regularly, but don't always log in.

Lucy and Merfyn are doing well, though both are quite insecure and always jockeying for my attention. Lucy really struggled in the hot weather at first - so much so that I was quite worried. We've been walking round about 5:30/6:00am (our usual time actually) and then just down the garden and in for a siesta. Haven't even had them in the car until yesterday, when we just went to get them some canned food - it was still cool-ish at 10am, so no problems with that. We've walked in the evening usually about 9:00 and it's been lovely.

Lucy is a cheeky little madam and very definitely going through a late puppyhood, chewing furniture and still mouthing too. She has a big personality for such a little girl And she isn't afraid to use her voice to get her own way!
She's a proper little thief too. The latest attempt was with the chicken that was cooling on the top of the cooker - until I momentarily turned my back and it was on the floor :rofl: needless to say, I picked it up and gave it a good wipe down - no problem!
Merfyn can be quite rough with her and has to be stopped on occasion as he seems to forget that he's supposed to be playing!
They certainly keep me on my toes, from very early in the morning to late at night with brief respites for recharging our batteries.
I'm so glad I decided to adopt, though it has sometimes been challenging. Do I have any regrets? Definitely not - so thank you Glenys and the team along with all forum members who supported me with such understanding when I lost Barney. :love2: :love3: :love2: :love3:
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Well Lins I am working on pretending that the World Cup is coming home, on Wednesday I had a bottle of champagne in the fridge, the flag on the flagpole, my England tee shirt on and a rather silly headband with wagging flags on, however not the result I had hoped for,. So maybe on Saturday if things go well I can open the champagne!!well any excuse will do!!
Great to hear from you all.
Love from us.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :1951:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

In the good old days, I was on here at least once a week and it did take ages to catch up! But as everyone else migrated to FB so the posts decreased and so the information decreased and once a month was almost enough. I also felt that I had lost touch with friends (people I've never met in the main, but whose lives shared through their dogs had become part of mine). I do sincerely hope that you can persuade all of those FB users to get on here - I feel that I miss out on so much news because I do NOT do FB.

Over the past couple of months as Lily had all of her eye problems, we had so much support and love from all of the Users on this site. It made a challenging 5 weeks much more bearable. Thank You to friends for whom I know your names and your dogs antics.

Lily being Lily likes to keep her mummy on her toes. She now has a cist on the inside of her right hind leg. The vet assures me that it is nothing nasty, but as it is growing he wants to remove it whilst it is still possible to so with local anesthetic - given that during her eye problems Lily has 3 generals in the space of 3 weeks, we don't want to give her another one just a month later. If only the cist had been there a few weeks earlier - it could have come off whilst she was already knocked out - but this is Lily we are dealing with! I am on holiday in Anglesey next week, so the cist will be removed the following week, in order to allow Lily to fully enjoy sand and sea.

Jane and Lily
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

Guilty as charged, have not really been on here for an age, missed so much. It has always been a good site for
advice and care of our dogs from everyone and lets face it most have adopted a labbie through the rehoming section.. :1951:

Its a lot more friendly than Fb as well so its the old adage "use it or lose it" and I have learn't a lot from being
on this site and look forward to using it a lot more from now...

I,m Back Glenys :lol:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Garyt wrote:Guilty as charged, have not really been on here for an age, missed so much. It has always been a good site for
advice and care of our dogs from everyone and lets face it most have adopted a labbie through the rehoming section.. :1951:

Its a lot more friendly than Fb as well so its the old adage "use it or lose it" and I have learn't a lot from being
on this site and look forward to using it a lot more from now...

I,m Back Glenys :lol:
Glad your are back Gary, I never went away! Missed insulting you on here if nothing else. :1967:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Couldn't agree more not that we do Fb and have to say only the beginning of this week I thought soon it's going to be the end of the website ,as so little posts these days and felt sad, as I think Pat's post sums it up it was close community once over.

So thank you Glenys for the post and onwards and upwards let get this site back and lovely seeing already so many regular members back on site :bravo:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Guilty too and again don’t use face book, like others have said easy to not log in but read the small amount of posts. I hope it does get up and running again with plenty of happy stories and photos of course. I’m sure I could post a story or two ”CooooCoooo” :1967: just glad Kinder is so well behaved not sure I could cope with 2 Coco’s. She is not naughty just mischievous she knows exactly what she is doing and what the outcome is going to be i.e. me running around the kitchen table after her — shoe in mouth :1966: poor Kinder just sits there looking at her like “what you doing Coco”
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Lovely to see some Familiar names posting again. :1967:

:1951:

Kay.xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

At the risk of boring you all silly, I will be posting Sam's progress. The "What's Next" post was a little tongue in cheek as I knew exactly where I was going and who I was going to meet and it was a foregone conclusion what the outcome would be. :rofl:

I will struggle to put pictures on here as my old method no longer works for some reason but I can put words on quite easily!

Nice to hear from all the folks not on facebook.
Jackie
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Jackie, we are really looking forward to hearing all about your handsome boy, make it soon please.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2008: