What next?

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

What next?

Post by jackiem »

Following the recent sad loss of our beautiful boy Bob who was a once in a lifetime, never to be repeated dog, I have searched other breeds, crosses, puppies, other rescues and...

as my sister said "some things go together - gin and tonic, fish and chips, Jackie and Labradors" which just about sums it up.

So, having been honoured to share my adult life with five beautiful Labs so far, there will be a sixth.

The only questions are: when? how old? male/female? colour? :2362:

Watch this space!
Jackie
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: What next?

Post by JoanG »

Jackie I'm so pleased to read this and will be waiting for the announcement in the fullness of time. We've always had labs from the year before our son was born, so over 35 years off and on and always black ones. From a little girl I had a thing about black dogs and always wanted one, I wouldn't have a different breed or colour now.

You had a special bond with Bob and I hope you're lucky enough to find another who will steal your heart :1972:
Joan and George x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Good to hear that you are not going to be a failed lab lover.

Bobbles will guide you to make sure you're on the right track. Can't wait.

Good luck.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Jackie we are delighted to read your post, and will watch with great interest.
We like you love our labs and like Joan have had them for over 35 years, black and chocolate
We are looking for number 5 but with our girls all being older we need to be careful on choice, age etc.
Good luck
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :lol:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Oh Jackie this is such good news. Can't wait to hear who comes into your life.

It's black girls for me every time. Did consider chocolate, but for me there's something about the black.

I just know that the right boy or girl, old or young is out there looking for you. Somehow they have a way of finding us!

Looking forward to hearing all about your new addition, when he or she arrives. :2362:

Jane and Lily
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Congratulations Jackie, just been reading Facebook and spotted your happy news. So so pleased for you all. Love, hugs and sloppy licks from me, Merfyn and Lucy. He is absolutely gorgeous :love6: look forward to hearing about his name and his new life with you - one very lucky dog indeed xxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Labs-R-Lovely wrote:Congratulations Jackie, just been reading Facebook and spotted your happy news. So so pleased for you all. Love, hugs and sloppy licks from me, Merfyn and Lucy. He is absolutely gorgeous :love6: look forward to hearing about his name and his new life with you - one very lucky dog indeed xxx
Iv'e seen that post too. Happy news, happy dog and, no wonder he's happy. I'm happy that everybody else is happy too. :1951: :2379:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador