Mum asked “What’s next”

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Mum asked “What’s next”

Post by jackiem »

Hi Sam here, the handsome three year old with amber eyes.

Well, what a day it has been.

I can answer mum’s question. I was next.

Mum and dad failed on all their requirements for a new furry friend. They wanted a small boy, less than two years old and good on the lead! Ha! One look at my picture and they were hooked by a tall, three year old who isn’t too good on the lead!

They came to see me this morning and sat in the sunshine with Glenys and Sam while I raced around a bit showing off then I decided to go home with them as they gave really good cuddles. And gravy bones. But I suspect that Sam gave them the gravy bones for me as he knows I like them.

Then I went for a long ride in the back of my new dad’s car and travelled really well. Leapt out of the boot and explored a bit of the garden but sticking to Mum and dad like glue.

Then I went in the house and woofed at my human sister as she is on these things called crutches after breaking her leg.

I had a drink and Mum says I make more mess than somebody called Max. Not sure who he is.

Mum had a happy tear.

I’ve explored the garden with dad, Mum filled a paddling pool for me but I didn’t like that much as it was wet.

Then my auntie and uncle came to visit and that was really good as we had a big playtime.

I’m having a bit of a rest now as I think this is going to be where I live. I think I’m going to like it here as Mum and dad seem to like dogs very much.

Thank you Glenys and Sam for finding my new Mum and dad for me. Xxx Sloppy licks)
Jackie
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Mum asked “What’s next”

Post by Garyt »

Cracking news Jackie, well happy for you both new adventures with your new boy :1951: :1951:

You maybe don't realise it yet Sam but you have one of the best homes a labbie could have.. :lol:
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

So happy for you Jackie. :1972:

May you have many years of fun and games together.

Paul and Skye
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Well Jackie we are delighted for you, your husband and your beautiful new boy., enjoy getting to know him,
I know he will help you a great deal.
Love to you all
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

This brought a tear to my eye , as so happy that Sam will help mend broken hearts and he doesn't know what a lucky boy he is :1972: We were so sorry to hear that you had lost your beloved Bob, and can relate that sometimes their is that one in a million dog that comes into your life that will never be replaceable and will always hold a special place in your heart.

Sam you are sooo gorgeous and fell in love when I saw you on the homing page and know you will have your mum and dad wrapped round your 4 paws. Wishing you all many happy and fun years together and look forward to hearing more from you and hopefully some pics too :bighug:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Hello Sam all I can say boy you landed on all 4 paws :bighug:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Wow Jackie. Sam is gorgeous. It’s funny but I was only looking at him the other day and I thought what a fabulous boy. He reminds me of my Zach who is getting older now but at that age he looked like a black Sam. Chunky and powerful and bundles of energy.
My three are all, like me!, getting older. Zach will be 11 in October - Yogi (was Zippy) who made me a failed foster carer was 11 in May and Jake(wasJack) will be 7 in October - adopted over 5 years ago from MKF and who has terrorised ever since- but we love him!
I am sure Sam will make you very happy and he is one lucky boy to have found the right home

Lots of love

Pat, Zach, Jake and Yogi
xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Thank you everyone.
I had a good sleep last night in both of my beds and I had some ball games and lead-training sessions before it got too warm this morning.
Then I watched Mum and dad do something called “cutting hedges”. I lay in the shade but they both looked hot.
I’ve got a good method of keeping cool - I have a drink and splash and dribble so much water on the floor that I have a nice cool place to lie.
I think Mum has two more lead-training sessions planned for me when it’s cool tonight,then I’m going to go for a proper walk.
I bark when someone comes to the door (but wag my tail a lot) which Mum and dad aren’t used to but they said it makes me a good guard dog.
Mum is really impressed because if the ball lands in the flower beds, I just stop and look at it. She thinks I must have been trained to do that.
Dad says I’m a good boy as I chased a rabbit from his vegetable garden. Mum’s not so sure as I might try to chase a rabbit when I’m on the lead!
I know “sit” and will (eventually) but I am very good at “stay”; hopeless at “down” or “paw”. I sometimes will respond to “leave” but not always.
Mum is really surprised that I don’t try to get into the dishwasher. There was even cream on a spoon being put in there last night and I just looked at it.
Anyway, must go, Mum needs help to put out some more washing.
I’ll keep you updated but I like it here and Mum and dad are surprised how quickly I’ve bonded with them.
One of mum’s facebook friend says I’ve already got a smile on my face as she saw a photo. Neither Mum nor me can put photos on here. Mum and dad both have smiles on their faces.
Bye for now. :2379:
Sam
Jackie
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Well Sam, you are one lucky boy. So pleased to hear about your first couple of days in your new furever home.

Jane and Lily
Labs-R-Lovely
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Labs-R-Lovely »

Well Sam, - I think you are such a very handsome boy. It sounds as if you're having a great time in your new home. You did a really good job choosing your new mum and dad. It sounds as if you're having a lot of fun already.
Lots of love and licks from me- Lucy - and my big brother Merfyn :bighug: :love6: :love2: :love2:
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Great news Jackie :1966:

Glenys does a good line in “yellow Sams” :rofl: such a handsome chap.

Here’s to many happy years together

Alison x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Who couldn't love that face? Way to go Sam.....................you don't know your'e born.

We all love Sams on here. x x x
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

So very pleased for you Sam. :love2:

Wishing you a long and happy life with your new Mum ,Dad and Sister. :love3:

Kay.xx