Sam

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sam

Post by LabLover »

Sam, another lovely update and so pleased you are happy and brought a ray of sunshine back into your mum and dads life.

You sound like you are always very busy but also a good boy.

Wishing you a Happy Belated Birthday and know you will have been spoilt rotten :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Hello everyone. Sam here. It's been a few weeks so I thought I should let you know how I am getting on.

Well, I was pleased to see that I made it onto the calendar sharing November 2019 with the beautiful Sacha. What a proud boy I was to see that!

November and December went by in a bit of a blur but then came something called Christmas. Mum went quite potty putting decorations up, nowhere in the house was safe from being decorated. Even the tagine that sits on the dresser in the kitchen fell victim to a spare bit of tinsel and a fairy so the poor architectural tagine now looks like a Christmas tree! There are lights everywhere too. She's started "undressing" some of the rooms now so we'll all get back to normal soon though I must admit the game I played bashing baubles on the main tree with my tail was fun. :2379:

Christmas Day came and the room with the big tree in was full of presents and there was a bag of presents for me! Mum gave me my first present and I was so pleased that I walked round the house with it still in its paper for ten minutes wagging my tail madly. Then dad showed me how to find what was inside it. It was a new toy! When they gave me the next one, I took it to my bed to open as I was a bit shy. Then I went back for another one until they had all gone. I've now got lots of new "indestructible" toys as I had demolished all the ones that I had inherited from Bob. There was a big green bone but that had to be sent back to Santa as I tore the end off it within two minutes! Mum said I was really good, especially when they all sat down to eat Christmas dinner and I lay under the table. (Don't tell mum but a few bits of turkey were smuggled down to me). Mum says it was a far cry from Bob who used to take his own presents, unwrap them, then quietly take presents from other people's bags and unwrap them too. Mum says I don't need to mention the difference between me and Bob when Christmas dinner was being eaten. She says you will know. :rofl:

Then on to something called "New Years Eve" :2821: :686: :2818: Mum and Dad had a small party involving lots of food, party poppers, a small amount of alcohol and more loud pully things. Guess what, I was really good then too! I didn't get under Mum's feet when she was getting all the food from the ovens, I didn't slobber all over the kitchen floor and I just sat waiting for the food to be finished in case a little made it into my bowl (it did and I particularly like prawn crackers). Even the big bangs didn't bother me.

The next day I went to meet my new cousin who is called Rusty and he's a 15 week old Border Terrier. He scared me a bit so I hid behind Mum. He's really bouncy!!

I have finally learned how to keep still when Mum sits on the floor to give me a good stroke and cuddle. Mum says I'm like a coiled spring ready to jump into action and start licking her face but she just tells me "down" so I lie down again. She tickles my ears, rubs my tummy and strokes my back. I love it especially when she strokes under my chin. Unfortunately we have a dark red rug in front of the fire and it isn't that colour when my hair is all over it so Mum is testing the Sebo to it's limits. Time for a beige rug methinks.

Mum says I have my funny little ways such as knowing when Dad is about to put coal on the fire so he is on his knees on the floor = time for cuddles, Mum shutting the remotes in the coffee table drawer before bedtime = time for an extra big cuddle; Mum putting something into a kitchen cupboard = big licks and another cuddle; going out do my last toilet and zoom into my bed looking up at Mum appealingly = Mum sitting on the edge of my bed and giving me a big cuddle etc. Mum now calls me "Sammy Sunshine the Cuddle Monster"; Dad going to the kitchen at 10pm to make a drink = time for a few doggy choc drops sprinkled on the floor for me to search for (I know this even when flat out and snoring), Dad saying "Shall we go to do the chicks Sam?" = my answer - can I leave mum? no I can't she has got to come to the gate with me! (It's fine when she's gone to work but I don't like leaving her in the house on her own).

Mum has gone back to work now and it was nice her being here but Dad and I are now back into our routine. I think I give Mum the best greeting when she gets home from work, its certainly more enthusiastic than the greeting she gets from Dad!

Mum had bought me a new halter as she doesn't like me having things attached to my collar. It's a special one with a ring for my lead on my chest which means that Dad can lead me properly (he still needs a bit of training on dog-walking) and the new harness soon taught me to even ignore other dogs (well mostly). I'm still interested and move towards them but Dad signals on the lead so I stop.

Excited piddling is happening less now and in fact it hardly ever happens.

Mouthing is almost non-existent too though I sometimes forget myself. I was nearly 4 years doing it so I think I've done quite well learning not to do this in such a short time so the odd forgetfulness can be forgiven Mum says.

I think that's all my news other than to say I have a Mum and Dad who love me to bits, I'm warm, well fed, have two beds (get me!), lots of toys, I'm taken on interesting walks and jump in the car for rides (a particular treat), I have lots of visitors, get to meet new doggies who stay in the cottage, plenty of space to run like the wind when the feeling takes me and I love my training/play sessions. I really like it here so thank you Auntie Glenys and team (Oh, Mum and Dad say thank you too!). By the way Glenys, Mum says something about I had big boots to fill and I've done it. I think that's good. I can sense that Mum and Dad both love Bob and it feels as though he's been back and taught me a few things but I'm me and they are very glad about that as I am such a huge personality and make them laugh so much. :2362:
Jackie
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Sam it is wonderful to catch up with you, what an amazing Christmas and New Year you have had.
We are so pleased that you have a great Dad and Mum, such a lucky boy.
Enjoy every day and be good!!
Love from us to you
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thank you "Sammy Sunshine the Cuddle Monster" for sharing your story about your first Christmas in you new forever home. Yes, you did have big boots to fill and it definitely sounds like you have done it. I'm so pleased for you all.

Keep the posts coming Sammy, I really enjoyed reading that. :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Hi Sam

So pleased you got lots of presents and enjoyed all the festivities.

Great to hear about all your adventures.

Jane and Lily
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Hi Sam,

Another lovely update and sounds like you had a wonderful first Xmas in your forever home. So pleased you have brought smiles and happiness back into your mum and dads life.

Keep the updates coming :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. :love6:

Mum and I had a romantic breakfast (she had toast, I had kibble and a cow's ear) while lazy Dad stayed in bed. :2362:

Mum was very impressed with the dozen red roses that Dad had bought for her and hidden somewhere until she had gone to bed last night but wasn't so impressed that he had left them in a bucket in the sink. :rofl: :love3: I don't know what she expects though as she had already told me that he had given her the engagement ring in the car on the way to the supermarket one Friday night many years ago so she should know that he isn't the most romantic of souls. I think she does really and it's all part of his charm. :2388:

I'm looking forward to tonight as mum has set the table in the conservatory with flowers, candles, a posh tablecloth and all the trimmings. She's even put a bottle of something in the fridge. (Dad says it'll be too cold in the conservatory but mum is insistent). But that isn't the best bit - she's bought him some steak as a special treat and I'm pretty sure that I will get a little bit too...

I hope you all have a lovely day with your beloved furry pals and other halves.

Looking forward to that steak...
Jackie
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Hello Sam

I do hope that you get a small bit of that steak, sounds wonderful.

Mummy and I live alone, so it's not a big thing in our house, but Mummy did spend a long time this afternoon attaching messages of love to tubes of Love Hearts that she's going to put on chairs at her meeting this evening!

Lots of love

Lily and Mummy Jane
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Happy Valentines Day to you Sam and your very special Dad and Mum.
We hope all goes well in the conservatory!!
We are having our meal tomorrow as dad is away and not back until later this evening.
Yesterday I bought from the shop that we all go to, the dine in for two meal, so steak is on the menu here tomorrow, our 4 girls will be very interested.
Enjoy your evening and all crossed for a piece of steak.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Oh Sam glad you can keep secrets :2795: :rofl: xxx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Jane267 wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 17:51 Hello Sam

I do hope that you get a small bit of that steak, sounds wonderful.

Mummy and I live alone, so it's not a big thing in our house, but Mummy did spend a long time this afternoon attaching messages of love to tubes of Love Hearts that she's going to put on chairs at her meeting this evening!

Lots of love

Lily and Mummy Jane
That's a lovely thing for your Mummy to do Lily. There are so many bad things in the world that it is lovely to spread a little love. I hope it went well.
Sam :2379:
Jackie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Liz5353 wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 20:45 Happy Valentines Day to you Sam and your very special Dad and Mum.
We hope all goes well in the conservatory!!
We are having our meal tomorrow as dad is away and not back until later this evening.
Yesterday I bought from the shop that we all go to, the dine in for two meal, so steak is on the menu here tomorrow, our 4 girls will be very interested.
Enjoy your evening and all crossed for a piece of steak.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
Enjoy your meal Liz.

Shelly, Bonnie, Molly and Polly - I hope you get a little taste of steak too. I did - the steak that mum bought looked very big but there was a biggish piece then a gap then a small piece and the label covered over the gap! Crafty!! It was good though as mum said the little piece was very obviously meant for me. :2362: I also had some chicken which mum had bought for me when she bought hers. She doesn't eat four-legged animals but is okay with things that have only two legs or fins. I can't quite work that one out but humans are funny things.

Sam :2379:
Jackie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Glenys wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 22:00 Oh Sam glad you can keep secrets :2795: :rofl: xxx
I didn't tell Dad about the chocolates that Mum had bought for Dad and I didn't tell Mum about the roses so yes, I am good at keeping secrets. I especially don't tell either of them when they have been chuntering about the other. Mum chunters about Dad leaving cupboard doors and drawers open and Dad chunters about Mum not filling the dishwasher from the back first (she prefers to fill the left hand side first so the dishes must be quite dizzy keep being moved around!). So I hear quite a bit of chuntering but never let on. :rofl:

Mum kept the special chicken that she had bought for me secret too though and I didn't know about that!
Jackie
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

:rofl:
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Sam so sorry that we have not been in touch for a while Mum claims she is always busy!!!
How are you we hope that you are well and keeping Dad and Mum on their toes.
We are doing ok sister Bonnie is doing ok on all the various medications, our other sister Molly seems fine now after operation, but Mum has noticed a mole now that the vet will need to see.
Our weather here in Northumberland has been ok for the time of year, hardly any snow, we like it but Mum does not!!
We will say bye bye for now .
Love from Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x