Watson now Winston

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

granvilleb
New User
New User

Watson now Winston

Post by granvilleb »

It is nearly a year since we collected Winston from the rescue and he is wonderful. He is our third Lab and our second from the Rescue. On collection and on the website he was six years old but on changing his chip to ourselves he gained two more years. He is eight. He goes the our local Country Park every morning where he loves to run and play with friends that he has made. He loves holidays in our caravan and will be making his first trip to France next month. We just wish that his previous owner could be told that he is very much loved.
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Watson now Winston

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and sounds like Winston has a wonderful life and feel sure he'll love his holiday in France :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

What lovely news to hear that Winston has found a wonderful home and that he is making you so happy.

I love happy news :love2:

Love

Pat, Zach, Jake and Yogi

xxxx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

It sounds as though Winston has a lovely life. Enjoy your trip to France together. x
Jackie
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

What a lovely update it sounds as if Winston has landed firmly on all four paws and has brought a lot of happiness to your family. I hope you all enjoy your holiday in France please post another update to let us know how Winston got on.

It's so nice to know Watson is loved whatever his age :love2:
Joan and George x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Lovely update. Enjoy your holiday in France all.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Lovely update on Winston. :love2:

Hope you all have a lovely holiday in France. :1967:

Kay.xx
GeeBee
New User
New User

Post by GeeBee »

I did forgot to mention that Winston does bark when he wants your attention. He also cannot read the time on our bedroom clock. This morning was typical. Sun shining through the bedroom curtains, his thoughts on going to the Country Park, he barks to get out attention to take him. Big problem, 5.30am. We do love him though.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

He's obviously listening to the advice on the TV - stay out of the sun during the day time - but he still wants his proper walk, sounds like a very sensible dog to me. :rofl:

I'm only saying this as 5.30 am sounds like a lie in to me as my 10 week old puppy has me up at 4 - 4.30 every morning and has decided it's the best time for a real playtime, by the time he's tired it's too late to go back to bed :snooze:
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Great update , our house also 5.30 time to,get up!!
Have a lovely holiday.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
GeeBee
New User
New User

Post by GeeBee »

I will report on Winston's French adventure in September when we come home. Will he understand the Fench dog barks?
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Good to hear Winston has you wrapped around his paw!
I'm sure he'll soon learn doggie french and have a great time :rofl:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

So great to read this lovely update many thanks
GeeBee
New User
New User

Re: Watson now Winston Update

Post by GeeBee »

I am sorry for the delay in reporting Winston's holiday in France. We stayed on a caravan site that we have used a few times before with Libby our previous dog that came from the rescue that died in 2017. It has a large field that Winston loved to run around twice every morning. He does not like deep water. Yes he is a Lab. We did managed to get him running to the sea and enjoying himself. He was not upset by the ferry journey and coming back due to very high winds we had a four hour journey. Yes Calaise to Dover. He is a wonderful dog and you would think that he has been ours all his life. He does have one bad point. He barks when he is unsure of things. If he meets a person or another dog for the first time. But we love him and that is his only problem.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Lovely update so pleased Winston enjoyed his holiday - lucky boy :1951: it sounds like he's got his paws firmly under your table and is bringing you lots of happiness too. One problem sounds very workable I'm sure Winston will just overcome this given time and your love (which he's obviously got).
Joan and George x