Welcome Alfie

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Welcome Alfie

Post by Glenys »

This last two weeks we have been involved the plight of a lovely old Labrador whose owners we struggling with the cost of his upkeep.
He has been in the family since 8 weeks old and loved all his life but the sad decision was he would come to rescue where a home was quickly offered.
Alfie was due to come yesterday , Thursday but on the Tuesday I had asked if we as a rescue (which includes all our kind supporters ) could offer help to keep him stay within the family but after the conversation it was decided he was still coming here where foster was already arranged and home offer in place .
Yesterday after a very emotional phone call where it was too heart-breaking to let him go the family are working together to take turns as his walks as his owner is disabled and on fixed income and that our rescue will provide towards his special urinary food .
Our rescue isn’t just about homing dogs we care about families too and I know as others will what it was like at a time when this could easily have happened to us to be on low income and love a dog so much that you would sacrifice having him and to give him / her a better life is a massive thing and non of us really now when these things can happen it can be finance or health reasons.
So Alfie joins our supported dogs scheme and will stay within his loving family and at twelve years young we think it’s best for him I am sure we will all agree.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Welcome Alfie

Post by mollie »

That's brilliant Glenys. I'm sure Alfie would have been loved to pieces by whoever was going to foster or adopt him, but at 12 years old, loved by the family that he knows, what could be better. If he lived near us, I would happily help walk him.

Nice ending for Alfie. :love2:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

I quite agree with Marge, thank you so much for your help.
There is a cheque in the post to help Alfie.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :bighug:
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

What a happy ending
Well done everyone :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Good decision pleased Alfie could stay with those he knows and loves so important for dogs particularly at the age he is.

Jackie x
Labrador3
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Labrador3 »

Well done to all involved! :bravo:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

mollie wrote:That's brilliant Glenys. I'm sure Alfie would have been loved to pieces by whoever was going to foster or adopt him, but at 12 years old, loved by the family that he knows, what could be better. If he lived near us, I would happily help walk him.

Nice ending for Alfie. :love2:
I appreciate that you probably can't tell us where Alfie lives as that is confidential information. But like Mollie, I'd be happy to help with walking if he lived near me. With lab rescue supporters spread across the country, maybe he does live near to someone?

Great news that he can stay with his original loving family. You, the team, do a wonderful job to mend breaking hearts. There could be no better solution for Alfie than to remain with those he knows and loves.

Jane and Lily
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Thank you Glenys for making it a happy ending for both Alfie and his loving family :bravo:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

That is wonderful news thank you to everyone who is helping with the plight of Alfie & owners. What an amazing rescue this is.

Ann.
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Think everyone agrees this is just wonderful news

So happy for you Alfie

Love

Pat xx
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Are Alfie's owners aware of the Cinnamon Trust

http://www.cinnamon.org.uk/cinnamon-trust/

who help elderly people with dog walking by connecting them to local volunteers?

Jane and Lily
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Alfie lives in York but thank you for offers of help and kind donations received xx