6 Month Pupdate

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nic_gatland
New User
New User

6 Month Pupdate

Post by nic_gatland »

Hi everyone! It’s Teddy again, back with my 6 month pupdate.

’m very glad summer is over as it was far too hot for me in my fur coat. So far I think autumn is brilliant. I love sniffing in the fallen leaves as there are so many smells there. Sometimes Mum and Dad throw a handful of treats in there too for me to find which I love doing. Since the leaves have fallen, I’ve discovered that it’s really fun to find a stick and take it with me on my walk, sometimes I just like to carry it and sometimes I like Mum or Dad to throw it for me as well. The only problem is that I haven’t fully worked out which are sticks and which are still trees – Mum and Dad think it’s hilarious to watch me trying to pull a tree out of the ground!

Another great thing about the autumn is that it means we can light our fire. Mum and Dad weren’t sure if I would find it too hot, but I absolutely love lying down in front of it and it makes me so sleepy after a long walk – Dad says this is worth the cost of the wood alone!

The only bad thing about autumn has been the fireworks. I found the bangs really scary so Mum and Dad had to distract me with the radio, my favourite TV shows (anything with animals in!) and a kong. They were so sad to see me scared, but sometimes I could see the colours out of the window and I loved watching them, just so long as they were far enough away that I couldn’t hear the bangs.

In some sad news, my Nanny & Grandad had to say goodbye to their chocolate Lab. She was my best friend and I loved her so much. She was only 9 and was only ill for a couple of days so everyone was completely shocked and heartbroken. It was especially sad for them as I didn’t understand what had happened, I thought she was hiding so I kept looking for her everywhere.

But in happier news, they took some time and then decided that a house isn’t a home without a Labrador. They decided to take the plunge and get a puppy, so they contacted a breeder and all she had left was a chocolate girl so it felt like fate. She’s home now and I’m so desperate to play with her, but she’s very small and very bitey so I’m not quite sure what to do! Grandad has nicknamed her The Crocodile and says I need to stand up to her, but I’m a big softy so that’s not in my nature. Mum says in 6 months time we’ll be the best of friends and causing trouble everywhere we go – I think she’s probably right!

I’m almost 18 months old now and I have started to show a little bit of Teenage Rebellion behaviour. My favourite cheeky thing to do is steal the post then taunt Mum with it! She doesn’t mind as it seems to be because I feel more comfortable and settled now - I used to watch Mum and Dad like a hawk but now they can get up and get a brew and I’m not fussed, I know they’re going to come back.

I’m now looking forward to Christmas – I think Santa is going to spoil me! Mum and Dad are slightly concerned about bring a tree into the house though as I’m used to peeing on trees!! I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to be a good boy with the tree or not – they’ll have to wait and see!

Teddy xxx

Love Teddy and his Mum & Dad xxx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: 6 Month Pupdate

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely to hear your news Teddy! You seem to be getting on really well. Your photos were brilliant to see and your new little friend is adorable, you'll have so much fun playing together. I hope you decide to behave yourself with the Christmas Tree, you tend to find nice things under them. xxx

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Very interesting Teddy and we have all had to deal with a bit of rebellion!!
With Christmas just around the corner, you had better be good or Santa may not call!
Love your pics especially the one with the mail, trouble written all over your face.
Love from us
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We love updates on here thankyou so much Teddy xxx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Lovely update and fantastic pictures Teddy!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Another lovely update and beautiful pics.

Teddy you look so much like Fynley, he pinched two pieces of mail out of my hand yesterday and ran off round the garden thinking it was a big game then stood looking at me with them hanging out of his mouth, just like you :rofl:

Please keep the updates coming.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.