Anna (Rhianna) off to her new life

A little lady who arrived at rescue suffering from stress, loss if coat and a skin condition - who is now on the way to recovery a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mad Maisie

Re: Anna (Rhianna) off to her new life

Post by Mad Maisie »

Wonderful news!!!! Karen you should be so proud of yourself!!! God I don't know how you did it but you did.
Well Done :1952: :1952: :1952:

Tears of joy are steamimg down my face!! :1973: :1973: :1973:

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:occasion7: :occasion7: :occasion7:
BEST 1

Post by BEST 1 »

I am absolutely delighted that Anna has found a forever home after such a long wait .... not only a home but a home with 2 brothers for comapny as well. Many thanks to her new family for giving her a chance in life. I have every confidence in the fact that she will continue to improve in the new home.

Words of gratitute and appreciation to you Karen and your family for hard work and such a dedication to Anna's needs. It is obvious you have done it through sheer love to this little girl and be assured she will be grateful to you just as we all are for doing such a wonderful job. Be proud of yourself and be strong. I am sure it must have been very hard for you to let her go but take comfort in the fact that thanks to you Anna has a very happy and loving life ahead of her.

WELL DONE !!! :1951: :1963: :1972:
Ludwig and Co
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Ludwig and Co »

Hi Everyone,

I have settled well into my new home so far - I have spent most of my time racing round the estate which my new mum works on, snuggling up to Black Lab big brother who kindly shares his bed and his travelling capsule with me and making sure I do not make my hairy big brother cross with me by bouncing onto his head when he is asleep! Whoops!!!

I have met the extra big brother Benjamin the Horse - he puts his head down to sniff me but sometimes that makes me jump and I have to bark at him but he doesn't seem to mind. I have also discovered that he produces the most wonderful dog treats from his back end so I have to help Mum muck him out by removing and consuming them!!! She says it's not necessary to do this but I feel I ought to help.

I have learnt new things like not pulling on my lead - Mum got me a sheepskin fleece thing for my collar because I am still growing back the hair under my neck. I have learnt to wait in the travel capsule before getting out (will post a pic if Mum can work the technology), have learnt not to steal hairy brother's food as he gets cross but I don't understand why he doesn't eat it all at once like any self respecting labrador would. I thought that perhaps he was saving it for me but unfortunately not. I have also learnt that there is a big dirty puddle by the muck heap which is excellent fun for jumping in and mum just says "oh Anna" in a despairing voice but she doesn't care really - they have a dog grooming unit on the site so I can have as many baths as I want - EVERY DAY if I want it!

There is also a big lake with ducks on it - Mum took me there as part of our run this morning (yes she actually runs - sometimes I get behind and have to race to catch up) and the ducks made noises as if they wanted me to go and retrieve them. Might save that for another day as I didn't fancy throwing myself off the landing stage into cold water at 0700h in the morning.

What else can I tell you - I've probably missed loads out but it is all so exciting I can't remember everything - oh yes, went into the woods and chased a fluffy thing this morning but didn't manage to catch it - I'll get some more practice in I think.

I am just keeping my claws crossed that my blood tests don't say I am allergic to hay or straw as that might mean that my new home isn't as suitable as everyone thinks but I have been playing in Benjamin's stable and the haybarn and I am not itching or getting pink skin on my tummy so we are all hoping that I am ok with that.

Sorry it's such a long one but I had so much to tell you, oh yes, played with two liver and white springers - they are really naughty and don't come back when called but everyone was really impressed that I did.

Bye for now,

Anna
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

Awww what a lovely update this is, I was just popping on to see if there was any news from little Anna, all fingers toes and paws crossed from me and Max that you are not allergic to anything in your new home as it sounds like you are having a fantastic time.

You have touched everyone's hearts Anna and I'm sure everyone will be thrilled to read this update.

Keep in touch I hope to meet you again at next years funday.

Love and cuddles

Jenny & Max
xxxxxxxxxxxx

:1973:
Simba my beautiful boy, you will always be in my heart, I will miss you forever
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Wonderful...fantastic! :1951: :1951: :1944: :1944:

Oh dear, my affliction has started up again...leaking. Must be hormonal or something.

Have a very happy life Anna.

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

What a lovely update this is I don't know how I have missed it! Looking in the wrong place obviously!
I am soo happy that Anna is settling in so well and hopefully her test results will be ok.
Fingers crossed for you Anna and new family.

Ann x x

:1954: :1954: :1954:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Nice to hear your news Anna, we have all been wondering how you have been doing but it seems you have had a busy time recently, meeting all these new friends and keeping your brothers on their toes.look forward to pics tell your mum to just email them to me and I will gladly put them on for her... :1945:

Lots of love from us all here at the rescue.xx
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

sounds like you have a fantastic life ahead of you anna, you deserve it.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Got your paws well and truly under the table there Anna. Lovely update. You just continute enjoying your new life as you certainly deserve it. :1944: :1944: :1944:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a wonderful update and welcome to the site.
It's sp good to hear what a lovely home Anna has gone to and I hope that she isn't allergic to anything there!
I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Jackie
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Anna you are obviously having a ball at your forever home. You just need to remember the rules though :1941: Hope your blood test comes back showing no allergies to hay and straw then you can carry on helping with Benjamin the horse. Looking forward to some pics just as soon as your Mum figures how to post them. :1951:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Fabulous update, Anna you certainly sound as if you are having fun :1944: love the way your black lab brother is looking after you and trying to keep you out of trouble. Hope you soon learn to be gentle around your other brother and to leave his food alone (now that would be a miracle for a lab!!)

Hope your tests come back negative for allergies so that you can have a happy life in your new home.

Joan x
Joan and George x
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

:1954: :1954: What a great update, and Anna Im laughing at you helping with the mucking out. Praying so hard your not allergic to the straw and hay big time as I think you have found a fab mummy and siblings to play with. Keep the updates coming. Love and hugs. xxxxx
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

Glad to hear that you are having a great time helping out Anna. It is very kind of you to help with the mucking out :1941:

Fingers crossed that you aren't allergic to hay or straw

xx
Carolyn
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Great start to the day reading this what a great time Anna is having .
I admit I never thought that I would be following this update with tears in my eyes but she definitely got under all our skin at rescue and I am sure Karen will love reading this too.
Keeping all crossed that it carrries on being a success.

Note to Anna:

Try not to annoy your hairy brother he is an elderly gent he needs respect.... but be happy you truly deserve ir xxx