Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Post by LabRes1 »

Just over a week since Gracie and Co arrived with us, we have been asked to help Autumn - a 4 year old girl who is in need of special care...

Click Here to Read Autumns Story

This section of the Special Stories section has been created to allow photos and updates to be added to keep you informed of her progress..
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Autumn - another girl that needs Labrador Rescue!

Post by janhind »

after ready Autumns story i would just like to offer my experience of split tail, I'm sure glenys & kathryn will remember that my Paddy had this when we got him & we thought he might loose his tail but it can be dealt with, it takes care & quite a few weeks of dressings but if you have the patience it will heal, Paddy's took six weeks to heal but he now has a lovely healthy tail, this is just to let you know that problems like this can be overcome, and i'm sure her skin will improve with the right conditions. Hth

jan xx
It is never too late.
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Thank god Autumn has arrived in the safe hands of the rescue. Many, many thanks to Karen who has once again stepped forward to foster. Autumn will soon be looking and feeling better under Karen`s care and with the results of the york test it can be established what`s causing her skin condition.
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I have to say Karen thought Autumn was as bad a condition as Rhianna but I think Autumn is worse
A big thank you to Karen she is a star she came out today even though she didnt wnat to drive in the bad conditions and she followed me to the Vets with her lovely Son as well.
Kare calmed Autumn down with hugs and kisses when we had to almost pin her to the floor for the tail bandaging etc..
We have such a great team of Volunteers,supporters etc... who put their lives on stand by to help the dogs.

Lets hope we will be looking at lovely healthy photos of this girl soon because she really deserves it.
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Poor little girl!
Thank You Karen, and all at the Rescue for caring for Autumn so well.
Hope she's feeling a bit more comfortable tonight.

Love Alison & Charlie XXXX
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Poor Autumn - little sweetie.
Thank you so much Karen for taking this girl under your wing.
Gemma x
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Hoping Autumn will soon be showing signs of improvement. Thank you to Karen and all at Lab Rescue for providing the love and special care she needs.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks Karen for coming to help this girl at short notice I am sure with the love and care your family provide she will blossom in no time, any advice we are always here for you...and Bailey has another foster sister to care for...
K.x
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

kathryn wrote:Bailey has another foster sister to care for...
K.x
Bailey is in lurrrrrrvvvvvve xxx :love2:

Autumn came home with me yesterday and seems to have settled in quite nicely. Bailey is completely besotted with her, follows her everywhere, he will not leave her alone (poor thing).

As Glenys has said we think she may have an allergy but will know more when we have some tests done.

As you all know Anna had a similar condition, so it looks like Karen's Beauty Parlour is back in business again.

No doubt Autumn will be along shortly to let you know how she's getting on.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

Thank you Karen for taking this little girl and i`m sure that when she has the yorks test and with your love and attention she will soon improve. Oh forgot to mention the attention that bailey will be providing :love5: . maybe he will have a sister!!
Linda
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Karen - once again a big thank you for taking on Autumn. We all know she couldn't be in better hands. We look forward to hearing about her progress. She looks gorgeous!

Marge xx :love3: :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Bless you Karen for taking in Autumn what a cute girl she is, she has such a pretty face. You did a wonderful job with Anna and i'm sure with the love and affection she will get from you all plus the special treatment - Bailey included, she will soon be on the mend.

Good luck looking forward to the updates.

Ann x

:love5:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

Well done Karen

Marie
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

It takes special people to Foster dogs because often these dogs need extra special care and also Vet trips there are highs and lows and then in the case of the short term fosters ie those who dont end up keeping them due to old age etc.. there is the bitter sweet experience of handing them over to a new owner but a great sense of pride as well as they have turned that dogs life around.

We as a rescue can foot the bills for them through kind generosity to our rescue supporters and funds but the real work is done by the foster parents.

Its was sad to see Autumn yesterday in the state she was in but again I know Karen will turn her around with love and care