Nobody's Dog

A place for poems and odes - let your creative juices flow....

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

This is a good poem becuase what it says actually happens !!
Sadly when dogs do get lost they are sometimes someones much loved dog so say for instance the dog is found in an area and taken home by the finder that can be out of the area the dog lived in the owner then searches and rings the local pounds and police but that dog is not on their system because the kind finder unbeknown to them have removed him from the area,sadly there is no central data base for lost pets in the police system, nor in the pounds system.
With the technology we have now at least webistes carry details of lost dogs and this is very important.
I always advise anyone who rings me who has lost a dog DO NOT ONLY RING go to the pound look and see if your dog is there because they label them rottie cross whatever especially labs with large heads they rely on someone identifying what the dogs is.

Most important of all get your dog ,Cats microchipped this also identifies your pet should it be killed on the road as most refuse people scan a dead pet when found in the road if they can at least you can put closure on your pet.

When one night Nell followed Sam in the dark through to our neighbours house he didnt see her he was feeding neighbours cats when he came back we realsied she was missing it is pitch black here at night we searched and searched I was crying and I was physically sick wondering where she was we stayed up all night and first thing Sam went again to the feilds accross the road and she was lying there he must have walked within feet of her but she is not a barker so didnt make a sound,I went through every terrible thought that night and was so relieved when she was found but it could have turned out in heartbreak..

My advice is if your dog is missing tell everyone ring all the local are police stations visit all the pounds and get your pet chipped.
Dogs Lost is an excellent website who try to reunite lost dogs.