DON'T CRY FOR ME WHEN I'M GONE

A place for poems and odes - let your creative juices flow....

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

Three score and ten are given to man,
But ours is a much briefer span.
So, though I give you all my heart,
The time will come when we must part.
But all around you, you will see,
Creatures that speak to you of me;
A tired horse, a hunted thing,
A sparrow with a broken wing ...
Pity - and help (I know you will)
And somehow, I will be with you still;
And I shall know, although I'm gone,
The love I gave you lingers on.

--- (Author unknown) ---

I found this poem shortly after having my beloved boxer Kelly pts(epilepsy)in March 2001 too young at 5 a loyal companion & friend Thank God for memories..

Just liked to share it.....

Gary
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: DON'T CRY FOR ME WHEN I'M GONE

Post by jackie »

Lovely poem Gary, thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your beloved Boxer, so sad that you had her for only 5 years.....they sound like 5 wonderful years however and the memories you will keep forever.

Jackie x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

A lovely poem Gary.
Jackie
Labshack

Post by Labshack »

Garyt wrote: I found this poem shortly after having my beloved boxer Kelly pts(epilepsy)in March 2001 too young at 5 a loyal companion & friend Thank God for memories..

Just liked to share it.....

Gary
Why pts could she not be treated - My Winston has epilepsy and there are a number of roots I've spoken with the vet over.

Lovely poem btw - like the rainbow bridge one, that one always makes me cry
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

Why pts could she not be treated - My Winston has epilepsy and there are a number of roots I've spoken with the vet over.

Hi
pts our last option,Kelly was on serious amount of medication since the age of 2.As you know after fits it can take along time for them to settle to normal.So bad was ok for less than 25% of time. we had to come to the decision,she had no quality of life.

We sympathise with you Goodluck,take care....
molliemoo

Post by molliemoo »

Garyt wrote:

Hi
pts our last option,Kelly was on serious amount of medication since the age of 2.As you know after fits it can take along time for them to settle to normal.So bad was ok for less than 25% of time. we had to come to the decision,she had no quality of life.

We sympathise with you Goodluck,take care....
Hi, we had exactly the same thing with our lab Mollie from the rescue, she got gradually worse over time and was on so much medication, far far too much and even that didnt control her fits, she had no quality of life at all, and sadly she was PTS aged 2 aswell. On the other hand our lab before Mollie, honey got epilepsy at 2 and she led a great life until the age of 10.