helplines

Lets share your funnies and have a laugh!

Keep them clean - remember we have young users on the forums!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

helplines

Post by Glenys »

I had to call the orange technical helpline as couldnt acess my caravan internet to my mobile phone and cant cope without t'internet even whilst tryng to have a break :) ( as am a nosy sod)

I think the Orange employee Ben will popably found he had drawn the short straw with me but what a patient Lad.
I took him ten minutes to try to help me get the back off my phone :oops: :oops: :? I was sure he thought he was talking to someone who had been let out in the community for the day !!! anyway coupled with i dont hear too well I hope to Goodness they never feature call centre conversations as a tv programme I would die of shame , anyway to Ben thank you you deserve a medal, and if ever you need advice on labradors please feel free to call me :)

Now back online :) :)
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

At least you got there in the end Glenys!
Jackie
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Glenys said

"Access caravan internet to my mobile phone"

??????????? My Goodness! What are you talking about? :shock:

I'm useless. I can't even upload? pics of Rosie from my camera onto photobucket :oops:

You sound like a technical genius to me!

Love Alison & Rosie XXX

PS Enjoy your break XX
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Same here alison, my phone has all sorts of features that i use all the time, NOT !! wouldnt have a clue where to start, what with WAP !! bluetooth !! and whatever else they are beyond me .jan xx
It is never too late.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I think the call centre conversation programme would go down a storm....surprised they haven't done that one yet! Well done Glenys I know what you mean about keeping in touch even on holidays, makes you wonder how we coped a few years back.......wonder if it make life more complicated and stressful? Thinking back, the answer is probably yes! What did we used to do with all of our time!

Jackie xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Technology has made life better,when we can keep in touch with all our friends and make more friends...............when My son Gareth lived and worked in Huntingdon we could log on msn and he had a web cam it was better than not seeing him at all.

I certainly know that we find better homes for the rescue dogs and manage also to keep in touch and receive progress and photos of the dogs.

If your friends are in need of a chat we can nip into chat...........ive never been a telly addict so internet is great for me.

Also texting I text my grandaughter shelley and my sons they text me,so do freinds so yes I vote for technolgy.Shelleys freinds used to think it was 8) 8) cool her Nan texts her :D

I do also love receiving letters I look forward to the post coming and I love to receive cards I dont think Ecards will take the place of greetings cards ever at least i hope not.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

I too take my mobile on holiday Glenys. The office can then contact us if absolutely necessary (nothing short of beheadings would take place if the call was not important) and I always take my cottage booking paperwork with me so that I don't miss any bookings. I've taken a booking whilst up a mountain in Cyprus and taken the details of another booking whilst resting my paper on a dustbin in Rome amongst others.
The funniest call I had was on the morning of our departure from Corsica while I was relaxing on a sunbed on the beach reading. My phone rang and a voice said "I am trying to find you. Can you tell me where you are please." Not knowing who it was I told the caller that I was on a beach in Corsica which was met by a deathly silence so I asked who was calling and it turned out to be the online grocery delivery driver who was trying to find our house. I explained where the house was as opposed to where I was and told him that there was someone at the house who would put my shopping away!
Jackie