at last good news

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

at last good news

Post by mcca »

2016 was not a good year
1t started with another op for malcolm then in march we had a phone call when on holiday saying he needed to see his consultant asap having had cancer for 8 yrs malc knew it was never going to be good news the cancer was in the muscle on the left side of his spine threatening his spinal cord well the radiotherapy did a good job and stopped it from spreading and the first 3 months chemo was not to bad but it was during this time our Bracken went to the bridge a big blow to us all but especially his best pal malcolm the 2nd lot of chemo brought its problems at times malcolm slept a lot didnt feel like eating couldnt walk far although he did use a electric scooter some times in order to get our jess to the fell to see her friends things in nov and dec seemed dire at the same time our jess became very unwell and our vets and the local vet hospital couldnt find the cause finally we had to let her go to the bridge to join bracken and all the others after the new year Malcolm had another scan in jan and we were not looking forward to the results i quess we were just depressed
on tuesday we saw the oncologist and he said he cant SEE the cancer though it may still be there which means malcolm can stop the chemo for 3 months allow his body to recover and then have another scan to see what has happened in that time
hopefully he will start feeling better pretty soon and we can get and about regrettably sans labrador though we do have 3 grand dogs we could borrow

regards anne
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: at last good news

Post by Lins »

Finally Anne, as you say, some good new at last. :bravo:

I'm so pleased for you both, especially Malc being able to have a rest from treatment.

Somehow, you both keep bouncing back, and long may it continue. God knows, you both deserve a break.

You know what they say Anne........you can't keep the good 'uns down.

Very best wishes to you both. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Am so pleased for you both that something positive has at last happened and hope that the three month respite from treatment will allow you both to get out and about a little.
Sending positive healing thoughts, mind, body and spirit wise, to both of you.
For you :love3:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

So glad you have good news at last love and hugs xx
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Ever so pleased you have some much deserved good news xxx
Emma
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So pleased you have had some good news at last and lets hope it continues for you both :bighug:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

So lovely to read some good news from you Anne. Goodness knows, you deserve it.

You'll be able to get out and about and enjoy Spring! Not too far away now.

It's great that you have grand - dogs to call on! You must miss Jess and Bracken, but at least you know you still have dogs in your life.

Onwards and upwards as they say! Xx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

Great news. Love and hugs to you both

Marie x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Anne
I am thrilled to read your post, something good at last.
Sending you all the positive thoughts possible to both of you and although I have not been in touch recently you are in my thoughts.
I am back tomorrow and will mail you next week.
Love to you both
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly xx
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

Thankyou folks for your kind thoughts Malcolm is indeed starting to feel better his appetite is back already unfortunately he did a bit to much yesterday and his hip is very painful today our son is taking us out for a steak tonight to celebrate the good news so it will be a case of pop an extra pill and enjoy

on the flip side today my daughter has had to let her 20yr old cat go to the bridge this morning he has been having vet treatment for a good while but it was his time he had become very confused as well as poorly i will always remember the day he came face to face with our bracken for the first time bracken the brave approached him friendly but confident he was top dog storm let him know he was top dog and they agreed to be friends at a distance my daughters 2 dogs were very much in storms pack they will miss him as we all will but he had a good life nicola had just moved into her first house when her neighbour took in a stray cat she had kittens and nicola took 2 and also helped the old man get the them all doctored storms sister went to the bridge a few yrs ago i think aged about 13

anne (and the gang at the bridge)
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Sorry to read this about Storm Anne but, what a good age.

Make sure you enjoy your steak. :2783:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

So glad to hear some good news for you both :love3: :love3: :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Anne I can only quote what Lynn's wrote.
Finally Anne, as you say, some good new at last. :bravo:

I'm so pleased for you both, especially Malc being able to have a rest from treatment.

Somehow, you both keep bouncing back, and long may it continue. God knows, you both deserve a break.

You know what they say Anne........you can't keep the good 'uns down.

Very best wishes to you both. :love3:
So sorry you lost Jess, she will be running round and playing with with Bracken now. :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

At last a little light at the end of a very long tunnel, please may it continue for you both.
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw Anne it is lovely to read your post, you have had such a rotten time it is about time things started to improve. Hope Malcolm continues to do well.

Jackie x