quick update

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

quick update

Post by mcca »

Just to let you know that things are on the up slowly but UP
The elephant legs are a great success if ever need your bed or chair made higher look them up quite cheap and reasonably accessable
Malcolm is walking reasonably well with his elbow sticks or zimmer round the house and garden so the fear of life in a wheelchair has receded
on friday Malcolm was able to get into our car and we went for a ride out in the sun he was tired afterwards but yesterday was sport on the tv so nice and quiet and restful
I would also like to make a recommendation to our older friends out there
When Malcolm had his first cancer op 9 years ago we had not long bought our new leather 3 suite so we bought 2 riser recliner chairs second hand for the conservatory so one could be brought into the lounge post op they worked great but over the years one became a fixture in the lounge following the death of bracken and jess we needed to replace our much washed carpet and Malcolms chair was a bit wobbly so we did some reserch for a suite that had all the bells and whistles but didnt look like it belonged in an old folks home it had only been in our home for a few weeks when all this broke out but i am so glad we bit the bullet and ordered it we slept on the reclining chairs for 4 nights and Malcolm can stand up and sit down himself without help and without straining his back or stitches so my recommendation is if your lounge furniture needs replacing and you are
getting on a bit have a look at riser recliners for comfort i now also have my own a different size to Malcolms so it fits me
i would also recommend if you are changing your bathroom particularly if you are tall take a look at a comfort loo (its taller)

thankyou folks for all your support over the years

anne
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: quick update

Post by kayj »

Hi Anne,

Glad to hear that Malcolm is progressing well and been out in the car.Sending more healing thoughts and hope that you are taking care of yourself.

:bighug: To you both. :love3: :love3:

Kay.xx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hi Anne

Pleased to read things have improved a bit and you are both feeling a bit more upbeat. Great that you have both been able to go out for a run in the car. Your info about the furniture was interesting. I/we were wishing at one time that we could have bought a riser/recliner chair when Joe was ill. One reason we didn't was no room for it. My place could be mistaken for a settee shop! Hope things continue to be on the up for you both.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Glad to hear that things are better for you and Malcolm, Anne.

You should open up an advice line!! I have to admit, you made me laugh at your remark about a suite not looking as though it belongs in an old people's home. :1968:

Hopefully this is the right time of year for you and Malcolm to be getting out and about. At least you haven't got the Winter to face.

Keep us all updated, and make sure you look after yourself. :bighug: :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thanks for the update Anne.

Glad to hear things are on the up, albeit slowly.

Hope you can both make the most of the weather we're having at present, no doubt it will change sooner rather than later.

Look after yourselves. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Glad to hear things are improving and Malcom is getting about more .
best wishes to you both xx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So pleased to read this update Anne and that Malcolm is feeling a bit better, sending him positive thoughts that this continues each day. Malcolm must have been thrilled to get out and about even if he was very tired when he got home. A change of scene always makes you feel a bit better and then sport on tv so he could relax sounds ideal.

You both continue to be in my thoughts :love3: :love3:
Joan and George x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

So pleased that things are on the up and Malcolm is managing to get round a bit better. :bravo:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Really pleased that Malcolm is making steady progress and was able to get out in the car, a change of scene and a bit of sun is good for the spirits!
When my dad replaced his suite a couple of years ago, we persuaded him to make his chair a riser recliner 'just in case' and he has found it helpful recently when his knee and hip have been off - he also sleeps in it on occasions.
Sending more positive healing thoughts
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart