Moving home

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Moving home

Post by autumndays »

Hello everyone,

It's been so long since I last posted but it's been a difficult 15 months since Anne went into residential care. It's been hard coming to terms with the fact that I could no longer give her the care at home that she needed. Anne's condition is stable at the moment and she is happy in her environment and well looked after.

So Skye and I are on the move. I can't justify rattling about in our big home alone anymore. It's so big and expensive to maintain for just Skye and me. It's a big wrench leaving (Anne and I lived here for 30 years together) but now it is sold and next week Skye and I downsize into a mobile home together. It's only half a mile away from where we are now so still close for visiting Anne and Skye will still get his familiar walks. No stairs either (I'm not getting any younger).

Please wish us luck in our new venture and I promise to post more often now. (sorry I don't do Facebook)

Best wishes,
Paul and Skye
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Moving home

Post by Lins »

Hello again Paul and Skye.

It's nice to hear from you again.

Pleased Anne is settled and that you are still staying close by.

I want to take this opportunity to wish you and Skye a safe and successful move into your new home.

Good luck. :2379:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Paul & Skye
Is is really lovely to hear from you, and that you are well. We are very pleased to hear that Anne is doing well also.
We think you are very sensible making a move to somewhere much more manageable and on one level, yes I am sure it has been a difficult decision, but you are staying close to Anne and the area you know.
We send you lots of luck and wish you and Skye all the happiness in your new home.
Like you I do not do FB but please keep in touch on here.
Love to you Anne & Skye
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :bighug:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Hi Paul

Good luck with the move Im sure you will be happy there hope there are lots of doggy walks .
MOBILE HOMES ARE AMAZING AND AS YOU SAY NO STAIRS XX
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Hi Paul, wishing you and Skye all best wishes on you're new move together and pleased to read Anne is comfortable and well cared for. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Hi Paul & Skye,

Lovely to hear from you and that Anne remains settled and comfortable.

It must have been a hard decision to move home but think you are doing the right thing and wish you both lots of happiness in your new home.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Dear Paul and Skye,

Wishing you all the luck in the world in your new home. I can only imagine what a hard decision it was for you to move from the home you and Anne shared together for so long.

Wishing you happiness

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Post by broadhorizons29 »

Hi Paul, I have followed your posts and felt for you with your problems. Life can be a bummer cant it? I am sending this to wish you all the best on your move and for the future.

Lots of live
Lin and Oscar
:bighug: :2379:
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hello Paul and Skye

I am pleased to hear that Anne is settled where she is and receiving good care, that must mean a great deal for you. It will be a wrench to leave your home of many years but I am sure you have made the right decision. I am sure you will find your mobile home very comfortable and will feel much relieved of the upkeep of your bigger house. I expect you will feel settled very quickly. So wishing you and Skye well in your new home, and as you say, with Skye's familiar walks.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely to hear from you Paul, I am pleased all is well. I am sure once you and Skye are moved into your new home you will not look back, it sounds like a new adventure for you both. Do let us know how you get on (I don't do FB either) and wishing lots of luck.

Jackie x
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

Thanks very much for all your good wishes.

I'll be "off the air" now for a couple of weeks until my phone and broadband is reconnected.

Bye for now,

Paul and Skye
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Hi Paul & Skye

Lovely to hear from you, I was only thinking the other day about you and wondering how you were getting. So pleased that Anne is settled. Do you take Skye into see Anne? I remember you did take her at one time.

Good luck with your move I am sure you and Skye will be very happy in your new home.

:bighug: 's to you all.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

Hello again,

It's been a month now since Skye and I moved to our new home and we've both settled in nicely. :2362:
Skye really enjoys the fusses he gets from our new friends on the site. Everyone is over retirement age and many are in the same position as me either having lost their partner or their partner being in care and nearly everyone has a dog or two as a companion although most are of the smaller breeds.

I was dreading the moment of letting go of our old house but when the time came it was a relief to leave. The worry of the upkeep has gone and the happy memories of the times that Anne and I spent there are still with me without the constant physical reminders of our separation (if you understand what I mean?).
Diesel Kate wrote:Hi Paul & Skye
Do you take Skye into see Anne? I remember you did take her at one time.
No Kath, I don't take Skye to visit Anne anymore. It's such an illogical illness. I've found from experience that it's better to enter Anne's new world during visits and talk about whatever is happening around her rather than awaken memories of our past life together. It's a very fine line to tread but better that than to see her distress when she remembers that we are parted.

I'm lucky in that Anne still knows me and trusts me to take her out on our visits. We usually go for a little drive out and stop for a treat of cakes and a brew after a short walk on the prom. On Saturday we will have a special treat because it's our 39th wedding anniversary.

Well that's all for now. I still read all your posts every day and enjoy keeping up with the news but you must forgive me if I don't join in too often.

Love from Paul and Skye
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Hi Paul

I’m glad you and Skye have settled into your new home and that you still pop on the site.

Will be thinking of you and Anne tomorrow.

Alison x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hello Paul & Skye, Pleased to read you have settled into your new home, it sounds ideal for you both. I hope you had a pleasant time with Anne yesterday for your anniversary. It's good that you still "pop-in here" and keep up with what's going on. Take Care.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma