Moving home

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Moving home

Post by Lins »

Hello Paul and Skye.

I'm pleased you and Skye have settled in to your new home. I totally understand you not taking Skye to see Anne, as you quite rightly state, it's better for her to live in the here and now rather than awaken any memories (or indeed remind her) of your time living together. I know it's hard, I have been in a similar situation.

So, onward and upwards now in your new place. I hope you and Skye spend many happy years together there and you and Anne continue enjoying your special little trips together.

:bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Paul and Skye
Very pleased to see that you are both settling in nicely, we really do wish you well in your new home and making new friends and neighbours.
It is also so nice that you and Anne can have some lovely trips out and spend time together, we hope yesterday was special for you.
I have been wondering for a week or two how both you and Skye were enjoying your new home.
Take care and sending love to you Anne and Skye
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Pleased to hear you and Syke have settled nicely in your new home - it sounds ideal for you both. You have sone so well Paul to get to where you are and somehow you have managed to find of way of adjusting to Anne's cruel illness, that really does take courage. It must be hard for you and I hope you have support on hand......of course I know Skye will be a big help. You take care.

Jackie x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Really pleased that your move went smoothly Paul and that you and Skye have settled into your new home and new community - it can be quite comforting when others around you are in similar circumstances so understand your position. Your new home will be easier to maintain too, bonus!
I hope you and Anne enjoyed your special tea,
take care
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Hi Paul and Skye,

So pleased to read how well you are settling in to your new way of life. I have to say, I think you are managing your situation remarkably well, and both you and Anne are having a good quality of life. It must be very reassuring to be among people who understand, but it probably helps all of you to maintain a normal life.

Good to know that you're keeping in touch on here as well. Great place to come!

:bighug: to all of you
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Blackdog
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Blackdog »

Hi Paul and Skye

So pleased you are enjoying your new home and have made friends. We have friends who sold a huge Victorian terraced house for similar reasons and moved to a park home nearby. That was two years ago and they have no regrets.

I hope you continue to enjoy quality time with Anne whenever possible. At least you know she is well looked after in a secure environment.