malcolm

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

malcolm

Post by mcca »

Malcolm lost his fight with the dreaded cancer yesterday he fought bravely since being diagnosed almost 10 years ago although we gave up our business 14 years ago because of his ill health and he may have had cancer before that

He had major surgery on his spine in april to prevent paralasis but he never fully recovered and really feared being stuck in a wheelchair or worse still bed
he had been home from hospice for a while but had 2 falls last week those who knew him will remember he was a big man who kept his weight on throughout all the traumas and i called the ambulance on sauturday to get him up they said his heart rate was dangerously fast and took him to A and E on sunday they told us he had pneumonia and Malcolm opted for anti biotics but no machines yesterday hospice rang hospital and offered a bed but the pain management team declined as the journey would be to much for him he got his wish and went with stuart nicola and i supporting him no doubt he will have been welcomed at the bridge by all his beloved labradors and the cats he tolerated
thankyou for all the support i have received over the years

anne
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Re: malcolm

Post by jackiem »

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts are with you.xx
Jackie
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Dear Anne,

I am so saddened to hear that Malcolm lost his brave fight. He fought like a warrior with you at his side every step of the way.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad and hard time. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Dear Anne ,

So very sorry to read of your loss of Malcolm after a long and brave fight . My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

Kay.xx
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Dear Anne
I am so very sad to read of Malcolm's passing, my thoughts are with you and your family at this extremely sad and difficult time, so strange you were very much on my mind yesterday.
Sending love to you Anne, I will mail you but at the moment there is some sort of problem with sending and receiving on my I pad
Liz xx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Dear Anne, I was so saddened to read this post and send my sincere condolences to you and your family. Your posts over the years have show us all Malcolm's determination to keep on top of his illness and enjoy life with all his family.

I hope, in time, that you will gain comfort from the fact that you were all able to be there, as he wished, to support him and each other at that most crucial time. My thoughts and prayers are with you all xx
Joan and George x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

So very sorry Anne, Malcom fought the cancer so hard. Hopefully the furbies will have met him. Big hugs to you
Last edited by Diesel Kate on 23 Sep 2017, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

So sorry to read this, sending hugs and glad you were there with him with the family.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Anne

So very sorry to hear this devastating news sending Love and Hugs your way Malcolm was a very brave, courageous Man .

:cry3:

xxxxxx
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

So sorry to read this sad news

Thinking of you
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Dear Anne, so sorry to read this devasting news, Malcolm was such a brave man and fought so hard.

Thinking of you.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Dear Anne

So very sorry to hear that Malcolm lost his battle, he has had such a hard and difficult journey and it sounds like he was a very brave man throughout. Thinking of you all at this very sad and difficult time. Thank you for letting us all know, you take care and yes Malcolm would definitely had been welcomed by all of the Labs.

Rest in peace Malcom.

Jackie x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Anne, I am so very sorry to read your news. You should be so proud of how Malcolm battled this horrible disease and also proud of yourself and the way you have looked after him. I know that you have had some great support here on this forum, and I hope we can all continue to support you in the days ahead.

I send the biggest hugs I can.....you know we are all here for you. Xxxxx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Anne, so very sorry for you, thinking of you, free of pain Malcolm sleep easy. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Anne I am so very sorry to hear your sad news about Malcolm.

Thinking of you and am sending hugs.

Alison x