Oscar (adopted Sept 2007)

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

choccielover
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Oscar (adopted Sept 2007)

Post by choccielover »

Before we got Oscar I didn't realise how much labradors moulted....... I do now - hoping this works....

and two of the lad himself.....

Helen
(adopted Oscar, choc lab from MKF 4/9/07)
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Oscar (adopted Sept 2007)

Post by Makky »

Hi Helen - yes it's a shock how much a Lab can moult especially on sofa's :1968: when we had Elwood (& Sam before him) we kept all the fur in a container together with the fluff from the clothes dryer & put it into a wire nut holder for the birds when nesting , it didn't take long to go, must have been 5* nests :1951: Love the photo of Oscar asking for a tummy rub :1970:

Bill & Sandra
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts
choccielover
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by choccielover »

ah, well Oscar isn't allowed on the sofa (poor deprived boy), but we have cream coloured carpets!!! That's not even as a result of me not having brushed him for ages - he was done probably a fortnight ago. Interestingly, when we got him, he was big like Alfie who's on the homing page now - perhaps not quite as big, but he was over 53kg, now he's a trim 35kg. I have left it to blow about the garden in case any of the birds wanted to spruce up their nests!!
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Blimey, I was expecting to see a bald dog after the first couple of photos :1966:
I do think it depends on the lab as to the amount of shedding. I used to brush Willow until my arm simply gave out and would get brushful after brushful.... every day! We used to joke that we could knit another dog out of the daily moult :1967: Willow was a yellow lab and pretty long-haired as labs go. We got through 3 dyson's in 8 years with her :1968:
Toby has very dense, short fur. I only brush him a couple of times a week - and that's just for coat condition rather than hair collection! I think we need to find and isolate the miracle gene that he obviously has... either that or clone him :1968: :1968: :1968:
You have done a wonderful job with Oscar both with his weight and his coat. He looks extremely handsome :1972:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw he is so lovely Helen :love2: How old is he? He has quite a few white hairs so I assume he is quite old now?? As for moulting it seems to depend, Maggie my chocolate seems to moult quite a bit she has a proper Lab double coat while Bella my black girl doesn't seem to moult at all! She is an odd one though, she has a very wild side to her which might explain things!

Jackie x
choccielover
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by choccielover »

well he was 5 when we got him in sept 2007 but whether that meant just 5 or nearly 6 I'm not sure. He does seem quite elderly now - unless he sees a cat or rabbit!
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Oscar is utterly gorgeous!!

Hilary, Tuppence, William & Rowley
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »