Peppa's tuesday...........

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa's tuesday...........

Post by Ablineth »

Tuesday morning started here as does every morning with " doing the birds" this consists of letting out and feeding and watering all the various chickens, ducks, geese and pheasant we have around the place.
Peppa has got this routine to a t now following me from pen to pen and occasionally if she is not quick enough getting shut in as I close doors behind me to stop birds escaping. The rest of the gang are usually off sniffing for rabbits or in Mij's case rocks :rofl: :rofl: Peppa has started to join them on their big game hunting around the chicken sheds :rofl:

Wotsee is a star and loves to play with her lowering his towering frame to her level and then letting her tug the football or whatever he has in his mouth and letting her take it and run off with it.
It was so funny to watch her have what we have always called " a mad half hour" in other words tucking her tail down and running around for nothing other than the sheer pleasure of running and then flopping in the grass tired out.

Once outside jobs completed nap time Peppa picks who she wants to snuggle up to for her morning nap and each of them accept her no problem.

Peppa now has 2 "dens" one in the porch where she has for some reason accumilated a strange assortment of articles, an old glove, one of my socks ( now with the benefit of extra ventilation :1966: ), a dandy brush,a boot, a trainer, a bucket lid,a sweeping brush ( I kid not :1967: )several bits of paper and cardboard and her latest treasure the bucket I use to carry the dog food into the house before dishing it out.

Her second "den" is just outside on the grass this is where she takes her dish to finish eating or a biscuit or something she wants to be really private with cos if you look at her she picks whatever she has up and moves away with her back to you.

Her sit is getting much better and she is doing incredibly well on the lead, we are starting to make her sit and wait for her meals which since cutting one out she really enjoys ( braised lamb today :1970: ).

Evenings seem to be when her batteries are fully recharged and she runs on duracell :rofl: last night we were watching something on the idiot box and Peppa was racing around carrying her boot bashing whatever was in her way and then she spotted my outstretched feet and my bright turquoise crocs. Her one mission in life is to get one of my crocs :1966: . My feet were jumped on, growled at, pulled at, bitten, chewed, sat on and bitten again, little minx was most reluctant to take "NO!" for an answer. In the end I had to be very firm and sound really cross and then she sat down and did the full puppy eyes bit at me before having a last sly bite at my croc :rofl:

I think I can safely say her character is developing rapidly as it does in all pups hopefully she will follow her role models :1001:

Ky of the holey sock
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Peppa's tuesday...........

Post by mollie »

Aw!! I have a great big fixed smile on my face when I read your blogs Ky! My cheeks ache by the time I get to the end... :1968: :1968: :1968:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

She sounds a treasure & that personality is coming out every day. Great update :bravo:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

Thank you, Ky for an amazing journal of a pup's early days & what a wonderful environment for any little dog to grow up in.

I'm currently reading John Bradshaw's "In defence of dogs".......a really great read by the way which has taught me loads.
He reckons that between 4 and 14 weeks is the most important period of a dog's life when all the character is formed & you can see that happening with Peppa.

She's certainly going to be one well adjusted little girl. :bravo:

John & Teddyxx
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hope your Crocs are still in one piece.Great update Ky.

:love3: :love3:

Kay.xx
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely update. :rofl: :rofl: What a fun little character! :love2:

:love3: :love3: :love3:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Great update thanks Ky, Peppa is a great character and it sounds like she is having the best possible start in life, the gang are certainly helping her develop :thumbup:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
AdrianR
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by AdrianR »

Thanks for that Ky!

I've had a bit of a rubbish day (Thursday - I'm a couple of days behind on your blog!), and I deliberately came on here to read about Peppa and cheer myself up.

It's worked :1968:

Adrian & Roy xxx :love5: