Peppa's extremely busy thursday....................

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa's extremely busy thursday....................

Post by Ablineth »

You all know by now how our day starts, toileting pup, washing machine on, feed pup, grab a cup of tea and then out to "do the birds".

Thursday morning exactly the same, I was in the field letting birds out and watching Peppa and Wotsee race around like 2 loons, Wotsee raced straight towards on of the kiddies paddling pools I have around the place for the ducks and of course being half steeplechaser leapt over it no problem.............Peppa on the other hand with little legs and no brakes ran straight into the water :1001: the look on her face was priceless :rofl: she stood in the middle most unsure how to get out as it meant walking in the water whichever way she went, I told her it was up to her to get out, have you ever seen a cat with wet feet? well she was something akin to that, shaking each paw and tentatively putting it back into the cold wet stuff. Wotsee realising he had lost his play mate raced back and launched himself into the water and lay down, great, puppy now had a dry island so climbed on Wotsee who immediately stood up depositing pup in the water :rofl: :rofl: all this happened very quickly and was hilarious. By this time a very wet pup just launched herself out of the pond and shook and shook and shook. So she has now been introduced to water .

Mij for some reason loves rocks, we reckon it is because they are on the same intelligence level.

He actively seeks rocks out and can smell them if they are under the soil and frantically digs them up and then for some bizarre reason sucks them, do not now why it is something he has always done, Grayse likes to dig up moles or at least try to so Peppa has 2 excllent digging teachers and she has learnt her lesson well. Her front paws are huge and have become like JCBs and she digs holes for the sheer pleasure of digging, it does not really matter that she chooses to dig in the middle of a gateway and then Mij and Grayse come to help so we end up with a hole that could be seen from outer space. :rofl:

I had to go and get puppy food and so put Peppa on her lead to go to the car, now when she gets to the car she jumps up at the back and places her front paws on the step and waits to be lifted in, I think she likes travelling. Anyway off to the pet store and all he adoring public, there really is something about a pup and especially a lab pup for getting people all gooey.

Whilst at the pet store I realised we were not far from the train station and so we went across and sat on the platform whilst a train came and went, we then went over the scarey bridge to the other platform and sat and waited till another train came and went even the train guard came and said hello to her. Peppa was amazingly good and this time walked over the scarey bridge to get back to the car park. :bravo: :bravo:

I then thought that whilst out I would nip into the supermarket for a few bits this would of course mean leaving pup in her crate in the car ( it was a cool day). I parked up way away from anybody else and got out of the car, peppa stood up as soon as the car stopped and the engine was turned off, I did not make a fuss I merely said "wait" and locked the car and then hid down the side of it ( it does not have side windows) not a sound so I grabbed a trolley and ran around the supermarket. A lady stopped me and asked me if I was on a trolley dash as I was running up and down and looking at my watch the whole time :rofl: :rofl:

I ran back to the car and once again hid at the side and then peeped through the back window, Peppa was fast asleep so I opened the tailgate and said " oh you are so good" and a voice said "I know I am" it frightened me to death :1001: a car had parked the other side of me and a man was sitting in the drivers seat with the window open. He asked me who I was talking to and then he saw Peppa. He got out of his car and so did his daughter and they were telling me all about their Drakeshead bitch called Pippa and how much they loved labs and what was her story and please could they have the rescue details as his works do a monthly worthy cause and he wanted to put Lab Rescue forward, fingers crossed. Then his wife arrived carrying a McDonalds lunch, so it was could Peppa have a chip, did she want his lunch, did I want his lunch, such a lovely man,he was telling me that he and his wife spend their free time walking dogs in a local rescue. So thank you to the stranger for sharing your lunch with Peppa.

Home and shopping to put away, I quickly learnt that the bags were safer on the worktop otherwise a certain little girl who loves climbing was all over them, we are used to having odd shaped bread and can usually make it fit the toaster.

Then our mystery special guest arrived.... Lucky.. do you remember the blind girl that was here? Every year I have her whilst her family go on holiday and she arrived yesterday for 2 whole weeks :love2: :love2: her arrival meant more people to fuss Peppa.
Peppa being a puppy jumps up at dogs to say hello but with Lucky she only half jumped up once almost as if Peppa can sense something different.

Last night I was baking, I am doing cakes for around 150 people :1970: , and without thinking I left the cake tin cupboard door open, I just saw a coloured blurr rush past me to the "den" and it was Peppa she had grabbed a couple of the silicon cake tins and run to her den with them when I tried to get them it developed into a game of chase, luckily her teeth have not marked them.

So all in all a busy day, as well as everything else we practice her sit, she is getting very good but only for me, her recall is brilliant and she flys to me ears flapping like Dumbo, so funny.
Mealtimes are enjoyed but it is funny when picks her dish up to try and sneak away with the last few biscuits, washing there is a plenty, joy and pleasure there is in abundance.

Ky and Peppa puppy x

ps looking forward to her meeting Kay on saturday :love2:
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Peppa's extremely busy thursday....................

Post by Johndale »

Another great update.....what a wonderful character 'lil

Peppa sounds :1971:

Lovely that Lucky has joined the gang (aka madhouse!)

for her hols.

I wonder if any TV producers read this Forum....you know what I'm thinking???

John & Teddyxx
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

:1951: :1951: :1951: :1951: :1951: Well done Peppa, Ky, the gang and all those people involved in introducing Peppa to the world.

Oh Ky........love the bit about Peppa's introduction to water. :1966: :1966: :1966:

The way you write these stories leave me feeling exhausted Ky!!! :rofl:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Lindsay2011
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lindsay2011 »

Oh John what a fab idea! A fly on the wall about something interesting for once :1967:

The thought of Peppa stealing your moulds is hilarious Ky, she sounds as though she is having a fantastic time with you. It doesn't bear thinking about what almost happened to her :cry3:

Looking forward to hearing what she's been up to next!

Lindsay x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Another great update.Have been waiting for you to get into Wotsee's paddling pool ,can just imagine the scene. :rofl: :rofl:

See you tomorrow Peppa. :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Can't wait until Wotsee shows Peppa the really muddy ponds - perhaps even more washing Ky :1001: :rofl: :rofl:

Joan x
Joan and George x
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

Thank you for the lovely update Ky,can't stop laughing about the pool bit :rofl:
Rosie loves digging too,I take her on our allotment with me and tell her where to dig and away she goes, thinking of renting her out :rofl:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Seriously Ky, can you not auction off a day at your house for the rescue, I think the bids would go sky high, imagine cuddles with Peppa and all your gang, chuck in a glass of wine at the end of day and it's a winner! Xx although I would be exhausted at the end of the day, as Joan said if you could bottle your energy....!
Emma
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

Wow what a busy day :1939: Peppa is certainly experiencing alot of different situations :1951: what a lucky girl she is living with you all :love2: :love3:
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Ky I am exhausted reading but I can also feel more than anything the joy you are getting from looking after Peppa - I am guessing its the laughs that keep you going. Thank you for taking time to post the update, life is never dull eh?? :rofl: :rofl:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home