Norrie continues to improve..........

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Norrie continues to improve..........

Post by Ablineth »

Norrie continues to improve everyday.

When he arrived as well as only ever having been fed the wrong food he had only ever been fed tinned food and so kibble has been a challenge. I was soaking it at first to make it more easily digestible and believe me the smell of soaking fish based kibble early in the morning is something you would rather not experience :rofl:
anyway I have gradually been soaking it less and introducing some unsoaked kibble which did not go down well at all, but with perseverence and gradually decreasing the soaking time and increasing the amount of unsoaked kibble I am pleased to say that today has been the very first day where Norrie a.k.a Tinribs has eaten entirely solid food. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
He always has something extra and his favourite is most certainly a tin of sardines although he enjoys pollock, salmon especially smoked, chicken, duck, turkey, beef and lamb as well of course as eggs. He is now on just 4 meals a day as the unsoaked kibble takes longer to digest and so we have cut back.

He has a thing about doors, any door no matter where it leads he wants to go through it and then stands there looking puzzled as to why he has gone wherever :1966:

He is starting to play not only with the gang but with toys and this morning carried a rubber ring around for ages before chasing Wotsee became more fun.
He loves to pull you by your coat hem or by getting hold of your trousers and the other night he got hold of David's trouser leg and was pulling him by it and point blank refused to let go.
His true character is slowly but surely emerging after the years of suffering that have stopped it developing, he is a lovely fun loving dog.

A long way to go yet and a lot of meals to cook :rofl: but we are getting there.

Ky and gang plus Norrie Tinribs :love5:
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Norrie continues to improve..........

Post by Diesel Kate »

Thanks for the update Ky. It must be like watching a puppy develope. :2362:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Ky it must be so rewarding seeing this boy literally improve every day, although I appreciate when he first came to you you must have been worried sick as to what would happen to him.

I look forward to your entertaining updates as to what the gang have all been up to, Norrie sounds a real love im so glad he is getting well again :love5: :love5:

These are for you :love3: :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Thanks again for everything you are doing for Norrie. Wonderful to hear how is starting to enjoy life again :2379:

Alison x
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Yes Kath, just what I was thinking. I guess Norrie missed out on a normal puppyhood as his little body was just struggling to cope the whole time :(

So wonderful to hear about his character developing now. What an amazing job Ky & co are doing :love4:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

Reading Norrie's menus making me think your Star rating needs reviewing to 6*++.
It is great news that the lad is picking up & discovering a sense of fun. Great news. Thanks Ky & Geoff.

:love3: :love3:

John & Teddyxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Wondeful update on Norrie (aka Tinribs :1967: ) I didnt think I would be smiling and laughing at the goofy name Tinribs so soon.

Well done again Ky. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Pleased he is improving thank goodness you helped him Ky :love3:
Jackie x
Seamusmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Seamusmum »

The screen has gone blurry hearing that Norrie continues to improve.xx
Katie xx
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Thanks for the update Ky, it's lovely to hear the progress this little lad is making although when I look at him now I think he will be making a big lad when he is built up.

It reminds me of Barney when he came to us, not as thin as this boy but he is 10kg heavier now, he was so thin and had only had tinned food too and that he had to share with his brother so kibble was something he had never encountered - he now loves it, along with his sardines, chicken and turkey mince - he loves his food and of course his treats :rofl:

Can't wait to see pics as this adorable boy continues to improve, it's lovely to hear he is beginning to play too

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

A lovely update (any chance of sharing the photo of him laughing on FB?)
He is going to be a right cheeky monkey and such fun!
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

photo here well done Ky xxx

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Another brilliant update :thumbup: Ky you are fantastic, in spite of all the worry, time and effort you put in to caring for these needy dogs your wonderful sense of humour always comes to the fore, Tinribs indeed! :rofl: :rofl:

I've been reading your menus and mealtimes to OH and he thinks it sounds fantastic at your house, 6 meals a day, supper at 11pm, he wants to know if he can be rescued from a low fat diet :2008:

Joan x
Joan and George x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

:1951: :1951: :1951: :1951: :1951:

Great update. Sounds quite cordon blue, does Norries diet!!

He looks good in that photo - not as tinribs as previously.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely picture, do you know Millie does that all the time, puts her paw on you it's so sweet :love2: :love2: I like to think she's saying 'thank you for your love & care' I wish she could talk. Methinks he has gained weight again :bravo: :bravo: there's very few tin ribs in that picture. You're all doing a wonderful job

:bighug: s Norrie

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador