Norrie /Shadow update

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Norrie /Shadow update

Post by Glenys »

Ky has kindly sent another update re Norrie here is is...

Time for an update on the Norriemeister. In spite of all that has gone on his updates need to be told.

What is there to report , firstly I have to say this weather certainly suits him and the difference is remarkable. His mobility is so much better , his need for hot massage baths reduced and today ( the hottest of 2013 ) he cantered/ galloped. Amazing!! Fair enough he plaited his legs and fell over but the mind was more than willing albeit the flesh weak. His mobility whilst not "normal" is improved, his stamina I am sorry to say is true to his condition and remains very poor. Appetite wise it is great , he has a healthy appetite , he need his food hot ( maybe assists swallowing) but all we are bothered about is he eats and holds,his weight , he is so enjoying being out and about with the others.
He still absolutely adores people and especially children but he did live with a little boy before he came here. Everyone falls for his charms and plays with him and whatever boot, shoe or whatever he has in his mouth, yes he is turning into Grayse and grabs a boot or shoe every time he runs outside!!!!
The other day he grabbed a bucket and ran around of course he could not see because his head was inside the bucket, he barged into the others,the fence, chicken sheds, my legs you name it, it was hilarious.

I feel.as he does so well this weather maybe Geoff needs to send me and Norrie somewhere warm next winter , any support on this suggestion would be appreciated :-)
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Norrie /Shadow update

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for the Norrie update Ky I am so glad the boy is doing ok and thank you for giving him this chance and please feel free to put updates on or post whatever you feel you wish to on here.
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Lovely to hear that Norrie is doing so well.
Thank you to Ky for the update and to Glenys for passing it on.
Jackie
labrador
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by labrador »

So good to see Norrie is doing so well now.
Not that I doubted that you would weave your own special brand of magic onto his condition. He is probably at the best he will ever be now but with your care the condition is one million times better than before.
It is so obvious that you love him dearly. And all your lot do too.

I know how he feels in this blessed weather.
He sounds, like me, to have muscular problems. And if your muscles don't hold you up then your skeleton collapses!
Unfortunately, in humans and animals, there is not much to be done about muscular problems. Warm weather and heat help the most. And massages when they are hurting or in spasm.

I know you don't need thanks for loving and caring for your Norrie but thank you for all you have done for this boy. Without you I have no doubt he would be dead now.

Please keep doing the updates. Even if there is nothing to report about Norrie other than he is doing ok.
There is always something happening at yours with all your gang.

Gill, Stephen, Millie Moo and Smiley Miley. X
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Lovely to hear from Ky about Norrie, so pleased the warm weather is helping him. As previously said, I love hearing all about the gang and life at Ky's, especially anything to do with Grayse as she is Poppy's mummy! :love6:
Emma
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Emma T wrote:Lovely to hear from Ky about Norrie, so pleased the warm weather is helping him. As previously said, I love hearing all about the gang and life at Ky's, especially anything to do with Grayse as she is Poppy's mummy! :love6:
Totally agree Emma, please, please keep us in touch with the whole of your gang Ky, I really enjoyed reading about your life and your ever changing gang of furry friends. Even if you aren't taking in dogs from Lab Rescue I'm sure your numbers will continue to fluctuate so please let us share in your adventures. Your posts were so entertaining and for those of us who don't live a totally rural life I found them fascinating.

Best wishes to you all.

Joan and Gorgeous George xx
Joan and George x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Bless him - a positive update :1939: :1939:

Ky - I think you and Norrie should clear off to the Mediterranean for the English winter!! (Well, you did ask for suggestions :1968: )
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

Thanks for a lovely update Ky it's good to hear that Norrie is doing well and enjoying the sunshine with the rest of the gang :1951: please keep posting :love4:

:2385:
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Norrie is enjoying a great quality of life with you Ky. Thanks for all you have done for him. You saved him and it's lovely to hear how much joy he brings you in return :1939:
Most importantly.. are you still going through dressing gowns at a rate of knots? :1968: Makes me chuckle just to think of his antics.
:bighug: :bighug: for Norrie and the Gang xx
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

Thanks for the Norrie update, Ky.

I am so glad he is holding his own and most importantly having fun and bringing joy. He must think the world of you all....he's a lucky lad to have found you. The alternative is unthinkable.

Long may you continue to give him a quality of life & have fun together. :occasion7:

John & Teddyxx
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

That's a lovely update Ky on Norrie,would have loved to have seen him with the bucket on his head. :rofl: :rofl:

:love2: :love2: :bighug: :bighug: To you all.

Kay.xx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thanks for the update Ky. Glad Norrie is enjoying some sun on his bones - so am I.

I think the Mediterranean would be a good idea too. :beerandwhistle:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Delighted to hear that Norrie is doing so well. Thanks so much for the update. I would have paid money to see him with the bucket on his head! :rofl: I'll keep my fingers crossed for lots more sunshine for him. :2362:
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

Any more updates on how Norrie is doing. Hope he is continuing to live life to the full.
Linda
labradora
Senior User
Senior User

Post by labradora »

I was also thinking about Norrie only this morning. :love5:

I hope he's enjoying lots more Welsh sunshine, and is continuing to thrive with Ky's loving care. :love2:

Sending our very best wishes to Ky, Norrie and the rest of the gang, :occasion7: :love3:

Linda and Inca xxxx :2385: